Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #11 
SeniorD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Wow...just because your wife wouldn't like it is no reason not to take her to task on that. You could do it politely and calmly, after all. I just do not think she should be allowed to get away with that, regardless of who she is. She needs a solid talking-to.

Poor you. :(

Yeah, I totally agree but I sure do like sleeping in the bed. xDD
SeniorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #12 
LuckyBlue

I feel you. I hate leaving my animals in the care of other people. Never know for sure how they will do, but I certainly expect them to be alive when I return. I'd be livid. I'd be so mad that I probably wouldn't say anything because i wouldn't be able to contain my comments and then again what is there to say but wth Sorry about that, but seriously.

The bad part is that it is your wife's mother which makes it hard to call her the names you'd probably want.

So sorry that happened.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-24-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: profanity
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #13 
Scope Eye

Throw water on her, see if she melts, it worked in the Wizzard of OZ!!
Scope Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #14 
Kim

Like you said, WHY?? Why on earth would you take all the decorations out of a tank and throw gravel in a fry tank but at the same time be too lazy to do water changes? It makes no sense at all. I would have been LIVID to the point that I would've had to get out of there as quickly as possible before doing something I would regret >:(
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM   #15 
Silverfang

Do you have any before pictures? It might work if you have "proof" of the damage she did.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #16 
Sivan

I would definitely say something. Just because they are fish, doesn't mean that they deserve less care than a bigger animal. If you let her take care of your dog for a month and came back to find him starved literally to death, then there would be mass outrage. Fish deserve proper treatment too and just as equally need to be defended when treated wrong.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #17 
SeniorD

Haha! pour water on her to see if she melts. XD I like that one.

Well any way. A little update, I finally was able to go buy 5 new females that were luckily in a sorority at petsmart AND they were on sale for 99 cents. So it has defiantly put me in a better mood. I even found another Cambodian that looks like one of my passed ones.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #18 
KadenJames

That's good to hear. =D Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all… that's what my dad told me when I was little, after my hamster died. xP

IMHO I think your wife should support you in this particular situation, if you don't feel comfortable talking to your mother in law about it, at the very least she should. What she did was not right- she allowed your animals to die when she told you they would be fine. It'd be one thing if you left them in the care of a youngster, but a grown adult who is supposed to be responsible? Come on. :/ If she kicks you out of bed for being upset about your loss, something's not right. xD
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #19 
SeniorD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadenJames View Post
That's good to hear. =D Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all… that's what my dad told me when I was little, after my hamster died. xP

IMHO I think your wife should support you in this particular situation, if you don't feel comfortable talking to your mother in law about it, at the very least she should. What she did was not right- she allowed your animals to die when she told you they would be fine. It'd be one thing if you left them in the care of a youngster, but a grown adult who is supposed to be responsible? Come on. :/ If she kicks you out of bed for being upset about your loss, something's not right. xD
Haha, she actually bought my new fish because she felt bad. BUT she still owes me two males and an Albino Rainbow shark. xP
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #20 
LuckyBlue

Ummm she OWES you BIG ... in payment for not saying the things you'd like to say......

By the way.... does she read these comments...
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote