Betta Fish Forum banner

Friends, betta keepers, aquarists! Lend me your photos!

2K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Micho 
#1 ·
So as many of you may know, I've recently started a fish blog (link in sig) that will contain articles for the beginner aquarist as well as highlight proper care for betta and goldfish, two of my favorite fish. I believe one of the best ways to do this is to not only give proper information but show pictures of how these fish are supposed to look in proper homes. However, I suck at aquatic photography. I've managed to snag a few good pictures, but that's not enough. So I'm asking the community here to offer up photographs of your beautiful, healthy bettas. I am more than willing to give credit in any way you want whether it is your real name (which you can PM me) or your username here. Some will be published in my upcoming betta care article while I will save others for use at a later time with such articles as detailing the workings of the labyrinth organ or showcasing betta tail types and colors. If you don't want to post all the picture you have, just point me to your albums.

Here is my "wish list" so to speak:
Bettas showing heaters in the background
Betta with a thermometer showing the proper temps
Betta in a community tank with other fish showing
Veiltail, crowntail, halfmoon, plakat, double tail flaring to show different tail types

Thanks for helping me, guys, gals, and fins!!

See less See more
#2 ·
I could love to help you with pictures of my crowntail, however, most of those photos he is suffering from what i believe is fin rot.(not very bad, just a few uneven spikes and spikes that are looking not 100%)
and my heater has decided to have a hissy fit and not work, so i cant help you with that either. sorry!

Good luck!

#5 ·
here are a few photos i found that were pretty good. don't have many good pictures or flaring ones because most of my fish are too fast or camera shy. haha.

the very last photo is a female btw!

#6 ·
Ohh your rosetail is a pretty boy, Luimeril! I saved your photo to my computer because I don't feel right using up your bandwidth. It's funny, he kinda looks like a friend of mine named Todd.

Panda - your dragonscale is beautiful!! The one of him next to the thermometer that shows a temperature is perfect! That is also a great shot of a double tail. Shows the shorter body, longer dorsal, and funky tail perfectly!

#9 ·
Here is Chicory's tank. He has a leafy silk plant and a recent addition, a live something or another that's mostly hiding behind his cave. He also has a Marimo moss ball. And the big black bar in the background is a 25W submersible heater. (An unseen experiment involves two so called "Beta bulbs" - bulbs of water plants, that I buried in the gravel)

Chicory is a Delta or Super Delta. Coloration wise, perhaps he's a blue/mustard? He had a little chunk missing from his tail when I got him, it's growing back nicely now though.

View attachment 53522

#10 ·
Haha! Chrissy, you posted at the same time I did. Your red dragonscale is gorgeous!! That's basically a picture of my dream fish! :blink:

Panda - that is just a great picture of how a betta tank is supposed to look; you've got a bubble nest, plants, heater, warm temp: the whole package. I'm hoping these pictures along with the info will change the minds of some people. I'll be sure to credit you. I save all of the photos with your username attached to them.

Gienah - That is another good, clear picture. Do you remember about how old Crispin was when you took that photo? I like to be able to give ages when showing smaller fish.

#13 ·
I totally agree with you Koi! Alot of new people going into the hoby get miss led by incorrect info (myself included a few years ago) and it's great that you're taking the time to put all this together, making justice for the betta fish. They also deserve to live a decent life and not be tortured. Thank you agan for letting me and my bettas contribut even if it's a little bit :)

#15 ·
Thank you, Panda for helping out! Your little guys are gonna be famous! lol

Ohh! Good shots, LBF! Your males are gorgeous. I'm falling more in love with dragonscales almost daily and am afraid I'll have to set up another tank ;) I want to do an article on how to set up a divided betta tank, so I will certainly be using these when I do.

#18 ·
Your welcome! also awesome blog :D

On the site that the photo is posted would be good :) I wouldn't really care but my photography teachers drill that into are heads and always remind us that we'll regret it if we don't so I figure better safe then sorry lol Let me know if you need any photo in a larger size

#25 ·
aha yeah he was a pretty little boy! At first I was scared cause I thought the black tips meant fin rot but nope just his coloring... Sadly I only had him for about three weeks... His name was Rufio! <3

#26 ·
Thank so much guys! My picture bank is growing by leaps and bounds!

Tiki - I love Derpy Fins! XP You also have some great pictures of alternative betta homes with all your pictures of kritter keepers!

xShainax - I thought you called him splitfin lol!! He's a very pretty boy.

Karebear - great picture of a crowntail!! I'm sorry that you lost him. And I kinda wanna fishnap your hmpk!! Those fish are fast climbing to my favorite type of betta!!

#27 ·
I have a pic of Gandalf my OHM (due to land in the uk with his sis lily on may 5th) but he isnt flaring :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.