betta fish

Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That looks like sand to me... O___O
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #12 
Mo

The forst 3 pictures look like the fish is sitting on a smooth rock. In the last picture you can easily spot the pink gravel
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #13 
Sam Crow

Has anyone see a Neon Red Laser Cory Catfish (or any of the "laser" variety)? I'm considering ordering a few for a future Cory/Kuhli Loach tank.

Corydoras are amazing little fish.
Sam Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That is a freaking weird rock. I always thought bronze could handle smooth gravel since they are so much larger.
Side question, why do cories shovel through the sand? Are they actually getting something out of it?xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #15 
Mo

I've see them before, and I do like the look of them but I would recommend researching into them for care
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #16 
Sheldon31

The gravel I have is fine RED gravel so no I won't be returning them. As reccomended by others I have tested it for sharpness because Kyon likes to sleep at the bottom of the tank and this stuff is smooth. (It actually says on the bag suitable for bottom dwellers and I double checked this with a friend I have who breeds pygmys who uses something similar for her tanks) I will be changing to sand in the near future anyway as I prefer the natural look of sand.

Last night I dropped a pellet each in for them, they didn't find them straight away but they are gone this morning, I hear they are night feeders. Kyon had a go at one but they are to big for him so I don't think he's ate them. I give weekly treats of frozen bloodworm or daphnia anyway.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #17 
BeckyFish97

In my community tank I feed all fish on a night time and give 2-3 pellets per cory, and the pellets are great for them because the other fish are too busy having a go at the flake food to notice the sinking stuff
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #18 
Sheldon31

Kyon will not under any circumstances feed from the bottom of the tank so the sinking pellets are ideal cause Kyon won't eat them, he has had a go while they've been on their way down but they are way bigger than what he is used to. The tetras have no chance so they haven't even bothered trying plus they prefer flake foods. Dan, my other half thinks I'm nuts that my fish all have their own foods. I'm going out to buy some play sand tonight. A 25kg bag is 4.98 and I'd only use a small amount of that for the tank, the rest would go in my daughters sand pit. I've always wanted sand, it's talking my other half into it as he prefers fine gravel.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #19 
Rosso1011

The tetras may have no chance, but in my tetra/cory tank, they sure try to get a couple of nips at the shrimp pellets before they sink to the bottom. It's kinda cute. Btw, I love the pics. I personally like albinos, bronze, and julii corydoras.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #20 
Sheldon31

I liked the Sterbai but when I went to get some the bronze caught my eye and I fell in love. Kyon ate a catfish pellet last night! The Corys had already taken some chunks out of it so it was small enough. Piggy!