Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Angry They just leave the fish to die?!?!?! Rant!

So i was at peco buying shrimp and one jumped out of the net and she just left it and i sed i can wait u get it and shes like "I've been advised to just leave them, theres chemicals on the floor" and im like umm ok? poor fishies. and then ANOTHER jumped and she LEFT IT AT MY FEET and i picked it up when she went to get another and ploped it in my bag. and she was a nice lady but she showed NO COMPASSION for those fish! (well shrimp)
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

That wasn't very nice of her :(
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #3 
xSTOTTSx

When I went to buy some shrimp, one hit the ground and the lady laughed and went to scoop it up.. Well, the shrimp decided to squirm, but she finally got it. She put it in my bag and I gave her an "Are you kidding me?" look and she asked if I wanted a new one.. I held up the bag and showed the lady the half-dead shrimp.. She asked again.. So, I walked away and still have no shrimp.. Lol
xSTOTTSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Better than them dropping your new fish on the floor. -__- Poor little Cory, he actually landed in a plastic bin with 1/2 inch of water. It took like 5 minutes to find him.
However I took him and he's alive and well :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #5 
Bethydan

I had one squish an African Dwarf Frog's leg and break it when she netted it. They're delicate with nets and the employees should know that. I wonder if they'd allow me to net them myself the next time I make a purchase? :-/
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #6 
Bombalurina

If it's a fish place and they know that fish sometimes end up on the floor...why do they use fish-harming chemicals to clean them?

At the very least they could just put jumpers in a QT tank for a fortnight.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #7 
vilmarisv

That lady was just making excuses.
I've seen similar situations during visits to Petco (betta jumps out, employee drops fish, customer drops betta cup) and all the fish were placed back in water and put under observation.
Once I found 2 bettas in one cup at a Petco, one of them was in bad condition (surprise, surprise). The very nice lady was very attentive and follow directions when I told her he could use a little salt in his water to help healing. No idea what happened to the fish afterwards, I wouldn't doubt if it was put down because of his tattered state but she was nice enough to take a few minutes and care for the fish.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #8 
LionCalie

I had a similar experience getting some fancy guppies at the LFS today. The employee helping us bumped the container that was holding the fish we had picked out. One guppy dropped a good 8 feet (the guy was on a ladder) and landed on the floor. I saw it jumping around so I ran over, struggling to scoop him up. Another employee walked past but didn't even stop to help. Finally I got him into my hand securely and the guy that was helping us put the poor thing back in the tank.

I sure wouldn't want to have a fall like that (likely causing internal injury) and then suffocate to death on the floor.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #9 
Tikibirds

The one time I wanted something out of their tank, it was a mystery snail. I pointed out the one I wanted - a golden colored on that was climbing the side of the tank. The guy nets a black one. I tell him I wanted THAT one and point, he tells me they are all boring and useless and it doesn't make a difference which one i get. I grabbed the bag with the black snail and walked away.

It annoys me to no end that Petco won't hire me >.<

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-26-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #10 
Pogthefish

EACTLY!!! I would work for petco but i would have to follow thier stupid rules, i have a working permit and they said they would hire me. (im 14 but have a permit)

they employees are nice tho, but need to come when called :P i have to wait ten+ mins for help in aquatics -_-
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote