Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #1 
wulfie

Marina i25 internal filter, too strong?

so I just got a Marina i25 internal filter, my water level is just over the lip of the 'waterfall' and it still seems to be pretty strong, only in 1/3 of the tank though. Is there any way to lessen the outflow? this is in a 2.5 gallon tank btw, one of those aqueon mini bow tanks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
wulfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #2 
meve

I have the same filter for a week now but in a 5 g. I noticed that if its recover of water, the current is less strong. As soon the water fall becomes a real water fall, the current turns to be too strong. So dont worry and add water in your tank!
meve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #3 
sparkyjoe

I had this, unbaffled, on my 5.5 gallon and I agree that it's just a bit strong, particularly for full finned boys, but it does help to have it submerged. I added some cherry shrimp to that tank and I was afraid of the little guys getting sucked into the filter so I "upgraded" that tank to different filter and luckily had it as a spare when the filter on my 3.5 gallon died last night.

I put the i25 into the tank as a replacement, but I was afraid of it being much too strong in such a small tank so I easily baffled it by using a rubber band and attaching a piece of filter sponge media to the outflow area. There's just a very slight movement to the water, only noticeable because of the gentle movement of some floating plants.

My little plakat boy loves his tank.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote