Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #111 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
So if I got the 10-15g one, what other materials would I need? Ridgid air tubing and an air pump, right?
Yep!
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #112 
Thomasdog

So... I have a problem.
I have been conditioning my pair for one week today, and even though they have been showing interist in eachother, the male has not blown a bubblenest and the female is not very eggy. (well she is slightly) They are in heated water, clean, IAL, and eating Live Brine Shrimp 2x per day. Sunny is in a cup and sees him for 10 perday. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just need to be more patient?
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #113 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
So... I have a problem.
I have been conditioning my pair for one week today, and even though they have been showing interist in eachother, the male has not blown a bubblenest and the female is not very eggy. (well she is slightly) They are in heated water, clean, IAL, and eating Live Brine Shrimp 2x per day. Sunny is in a cup and sees him for 10 perday. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just need to be more patient?
He might not make a next until after spawning, or even never at all. You can still have a sucessful spawn. All of age female Betta's have eggs. They don't have to "look eggy".

Give it a try....

Jeff.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #114 
Thomasdog

Cool! So I'll see when I can set up a spawn... how long can they condition for? And can they miss a few days becuase I am going out of town and don't want to breed now when my fry are going to miss 3 days of feeding. How old should the fry be when they can miss 1 day of feeding? (ex: miss Sat?)
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #115 
jeffegg2

Cool

They can always miss one day.

Jeff.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #116 
Thomasdog

Ok cool! That's wonderful! For right now: Spawn date: May 30! That will give the eggs 3 days to hatch, then I will have the weekend to monitor and feed and give attention to. !!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited! ++Love my parents! Going to get the Java Moss today, do you think a few hunks of that will provide enough infucia? Oh, there is a moss ball too. Just kinda confused on how to grow infucia, and when to feed, so I was just going to go the natural way for a week or two. (infucia)
Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #117 
jeffegg2

Cool

Don't worry about infusoria, either they will be there or not.... Have some micro worms for the tiny mouthed fry, and some bbs for the big mouths!! You can give microworms a day or two after free swimming. and add a few bbs to see if they can fit them into their mouths yet.

Once you see that they are eating start packing those bellies! hehe. I continue to feed both bbs and microworms for a varied diet.

Jeff.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #118 
Thomasdog

Ok!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #119 
Thomasdog

Oh my gosh.............................................. ....

Just had the biggest scare EVER!

I cleaned the H2O in the fish tank and refilled it decently high. Then I went off to do my homework, and when my mom and dad got home I went out to greet them in the garage, where the fish tank is. Boy was I surprized to see *****2***** red tails swimming around. Sunny apparently jumped a 1/8 of an inch TWICE to get to Sparta's tank. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So Little Miss 'I'm Gonna Ignore You Because I'm Just That Cool So What Now' really did LIKE Sparta. Breeding soon? I took her out and drained more water. I guess they want to breed NOW!

LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #120 
tpocicat

Good luck, keep up posted.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote