Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #151 
Thomasdog

WOW that website was awesome! :) So he built his first bubble nest last night and now she is in a glass jar and it is amazinh to see him go all crazy and flare and swim around her.... I hacve a feeling this is going to be an intersting spawn becuase she keeps flaring at HIM, and he runs away, then comes back.. ect. then he goes into shock mode and freezes, but he's not doing that quite so much anymore. Sunny just stares and flares. :D
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #152 
Anitax3x

If she keeps flaring and not showing stripes Vertical stripes that is! and "lowering her head in submission" **, From what I read she may not be willing to spawn. I'm not a breeder so my opinion isnt one to sway this whole operation but you may want to try another female if you have a sibling. Her flaring constantly means she might not ever let him get close to her. But thats what I've read.

Someone sent me this website too. I've been reading it here and there as I would like to try breeding around next year at this time.

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...?articleid=722
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #153 
MrVampire181

You've never seen bettatalk? LOL. It's the #1 betta website. A little noobish for me to continue reading it but good for a new hobbyist.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #154 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettatalk is a great website and is full of good info.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #155 
Thomasdog

Sunny is still flaring, but she will get in Sparta's fins and not bite..... Sparta runs away and then goes really still... then Sunny leaves him alone and occasionally he flares and swims the S for her.... what to DO??><
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #156 
Anitax3x

be patient and wait unless you see serious damage, I suggest watching you tube or researching proper courtship behavior. There will be chasing, some nipping, he should be showing off, flaring at her, making the S formation, and tending his bubble nest. However if she does not receive him and make her vertical breeding stripes, lower her head in submission. Then you need to spend time watching them because she could ravage his gorgeous fins. He is a beautiful male.
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #157 
Thomasdog

:) thanks! :) still wating and watching.... \

OMG he's remaking a HUGE bubble nest... she's totally ingorning him. LOL Go Sparta goooo!!!! :)))) Thanks for all the wonderful support, no fin nipping yet, but they are both looking awfully beautiful! NO vertical bars, she is too light. :*( kinda sucks, that would help a LOT! ><
Old 06-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #158 
Thomasdog

switching over to a S_P_A_W_N log!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #159 
AFishTale

Good luck!
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #160 
Thomasdog

thanks! I think I'm gonna hold out on the spawn log, just woke up, no eggs, but she's not being as aggressive and now Sparta's holding his ground and trying to lure her under his bubble nest.