Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #41 
KadenJames

*pokes at the lightbulb above tdog's head*
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #42 
Thomasdog

Cool... 3-4 inches, divided, then I can move the dividers as the fry grow and not have to upset them! :D

PS: Kaden- love the nickname!
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #43 
Thomasdog

OK, ONE more question. When I am floating the female in the clear cup for a day or two, is the water level still going to be only an inch or two? When do I raise the water level for my heater to fit... or do I not use a heater? My tank is in the garage and it gets kinda cold in there... then again... I'll be breeding in a few weeks when its warm.. and I can turn my porta-heater on! Problem solved, but won't the low water level stress the male out? And will they leave eachother alone or flirt all night long when she is in the cup?
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #44 
Thomasdog

***Have any of you ever used Julie from CA as a transshipper for nicebettas? Is she any good?**
Old 04-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #45 
MrVampire181

Julie doesn't have great reviews :/

Also yes try to keep the water level under 6 inches.

I don't use heaters since my fish room is heated to 84F.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #46 
Thomasdog

Ok, I'll see if I can change transshippers. I just shot Julie a really questioniong email... :P see what she says and I'll email Nice Bettas about Linda
Old 04-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #47 
vilmarisv

I use 3 inches which is enough to cover the heater, stick it to the floor of the tank and just fill until it's covered.
Yes, the water level remains the same. I use a glass vase to place my female in the tank and I like to fill it an inch higher than the water in the tank so the female can get away from the male when she wants. This is not necessary, it's just my choice.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #48 
Thomasdog

Ahh, stick it to the floor! Great Idea... I'll do that! :))) Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo mmuch for all the help!! You have no idea how much I apprechieate it!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #49 
MrVampire181

Yeah all my heaters go on the bottom when I do use them lol.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #50 
jeffegg2

Cool

If you are going to move the brood to the 20 gal anyway, just breed them there. The only advantage of using the tub is cost savings over buying a tank....

Micro worms are so small that they don't even look like worms. You don't have to touch them, just use a q-tip.... Even then micro worms aren't required as long as you know you will lose some of the smaller of your brood.

Best of luck,
Jeff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasdog View Post
3. I'm a little confused about this part. I have been told a few different ways, so I'm left wondering which one is right.
Plan #1 Breed them in my 20gal. Someone told me to just breed them with 3 or 4 inches of water in my 20gal so I would'ent have to move them.
Plan #2 Breed them in a tub, then move them over to the 20gal when they are 1 month old or something. But I'm thinking that would be too stressful.

4. Feeding - here is where I am a little bit confused, a little bit sure. So I am surely going to feed BBS after the first week or so, when they get bigger so they don't die of choking or something dumb like that. So I've heard to get 'infushia' (spelled it wrong) Worms creep me out, so I don't think Microworms are going to work for me! (blegghh, I don't mind spiders and amphibians, but bleggh! Worms and snails! (NO offence anyone who likes snail and worms)) So would I get some live floating moss or something like that for the infushia to grow on for them to eat? Or is that how it even grows. I was just thinking that with a bare tank bottom, it would be hard to grow live plants... maybe moss or floating plants would be better so my tank would be cleaner and the babies would have another sorce of food.

Thanks for all the wonderful help! Just wondering if I was doing everything right.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote