Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #1 
thekoimaiden

Not an Emergency: Question about Lympho

So about 2 months ago, we diagnosed one of my betta with a lympho infection (viral, contagious, and nothing to do but wait it out). Since that time I have been keeping him in another room from my other bettas as well as a separate 1 gal bowl (basically extreme quarantine). I don't use anything on his tank that I use on other tanks. This little ZooMed bowl heater I had worked great for a while, but I realize it's given out on me now because I saw him clamping and the water is cold. I don't want to float him in my other betta tanks for fear of spreading the infection. But I do have a 29 gal tank that I can float him in. Here is the thing: I plan to put a gourami in that tank when I get it fully planted in a few months. I've heard the virus only affects closely related species, and I was wondering if thicklips gourami (Trichogaster labiosa) and bettas are far enough removed that the virus wouldn't infect the gourami. If there is a chance the gourami would be affected, I'm either going to need to get another better heater for the 1 gal bowl or bite the bullet and get a 5 gal because well it's a long story but I have 5 bettas and 2 divided 10 gal tanks plus the QT bowl. When my veiltail is healed, the little boy who is in his home will need a new place to live.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #2 
thekoimaiden

Anyone have any idea about how contagious lympho is? I would love to put my sick boy in a breeder box in the 29 gallon with the Pangio loaches, but I'm really worried about this virus being transmissible to a gourami.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote