Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

No. I have no one here to wait for them. Best part is, I called for an inquiry, the lady said "oh, it says it's in edmonton" no, lady, it was in edmonton as of 1:30 A.M this morning. Then she proceeds to say it's FED-EX shipping not canada post... no...it's not... it's canada post. sender said so, and the tracking number is canada post not fed-ex.

I am never, ever, getting fish shipped again.

So here's a question, what'll happen if no one is home?

The lady I got them from, is in Ontario (a 3 day car drive btw), and she said they usually arrive the day after they were shipped, as canada post says they do. Well canada post really does suck :/
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #12 
betta lover1507

when i got my 2nd betta shipped they didn't ring the bell and left her outside :\ they'll probably leave them there in front of your house/apartment
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #13 
KadenJames

I have my fish shipped with USPS, they take the package back to the office if you're not there to sign for them. I chased after a truck that had my fish on it once, I got home as they were leaving. They guys face was priceless. xD
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

I called canada post... they asked for info, asked for tracking number, "it says it's in edmonton." NO LADY! It said 1:30 a.m it was processed in edmonton. Then she continues to tell me it's FED EX that is shipping it.NO LADY. It's not.

I double checked: sender said: CANADA POST OVERNIGHT SHIPPING.
Tracking number does NOT work for fed ex, it works for CANADA POST.

-face palm- they'll be the death of my fish. I wish I knew Camrose Canada Post Office number I'd call them!!!

If I wanted "whenever we feel like it" shipping it woulda been cheaper

edit: So I called the one in Camrose. naaahhh it's STILL IN EDMONTON since this morning. I'm never using canada post. EVER. don't they realize "live fish" means LIVE fish?!!! >< It's not that I'm worried the fish will die, (although I sorta am), it's the fact I could've taken extra shifts yesterday AND today instead of wasting my time waiting on canada post Plus I didn't care if they didn't come yesterday, but not today either? darn it all.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 04-26-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #15 
betta lover1507

sorry about that :( all we can do is cross our fingers they make it
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

well my friend needs to find which post office it is at BEFORE they close otherwise I have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #17 
Luimeril

aahh, don't fret too much, Sena. :3 it's more stressful on US, than on the bettas! i'm sure your babies are fine, and sure they'll be safe in their tanks soon. :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Well it's more stressful now.

My friend called the edmonton one for me. They said "shipping fish is illegal" and they are NOT in edmonton anymore, and if they do NOT arrive by 8pm tonight they refund me.

To me that is not good enough... for once I could get NON pet store bettas, some good quality thailand imports shipped by someone in Ontario to me, and Canada Post messes it all up :(

so if they do not arrive by 8, I know they just SENT THEM BACK since you know, millions of people "illegally" ship fish
Old 04-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #19 
Twilight Storm

oh jeeze... last I saw oof this post before I made dinner everything was ok. god I hope your fish make it somewhere you can find them soon :(

Found this just a sec ago, I just dont know what information you need to talk to the post office?

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/.../1331908089467

Last edited by Twilight Storm; 04-26-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: found a website
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

I hope so. And if I do get my fish after 8, I still get a refund because of their poorly done job either way, I want my fish!!!! D: I have two empty tanks, one divided, the 20 already has Dally in it and will be divided for 3 bettas total. It made me livid that they said shipping fish is illegal. How do they think we got fish? fell from the sky? x.x Certain fish you cannot, understandably, but bettas you can to and from almost anywhere. And for me it's canada to canada.

I am never, going to buy fish online again. If this is what's to exoect :(