Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 
Sheldon31

Play sand cleaning..

I've baught some play sand today. 15kg for 2.99! Bargain. Anyway I know it contains some dirt so will need cleaning well before I put it in. I was thinking of using an old flour sifter I have spare and putting the sand in there and running it under a tap. I know this will take aaages but I don't have a bucket spare and we've had none stop rain for the last week with more forcast in the next few days. Any other way I can do it in the bath?

Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #2 
Cinderwolf

For me., i jsut put the amount of sand I wanted in my tank ( its acrylic) then filled it abotu and inch abouve the sand, swished the sand aroudnw ith my hand tilt he water was murky then poured off the water.. anddd repeated tilt he water ran clear.
Cinderwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #3 
sparkyjoe

A hint I read, and will probably use myself, is to put the sand in a pillowcase & then stick a garden hose in the open end and rinse, rinse, rinse.

You might have to empty & refill with "dirty" sand several times depending upon how much you need, but it seems fairly simple.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote