Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #1 
birdielikestomatoes

Steve Enjoys Watching My Little Pony --Share your betta's funny quirks--

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where you can share your betta's funny quirks. I'll start!

So I've gotten into the habit of watching My Little Pony before going to bed. Lol, which is strange considering I'm 17 but it's a nice little show to calm the brain for sleep. Anyway, Steve was recently moved into my room into an upgraded 6g and while he has all these plants he could play in he just loves to watch the TV if it's on, especially when it's My Little Pony. Probably because of the intriguing and complicated story line (OR just all the bright colors). I've also noticed that he's constantly peeking over my shoulder to watch what I'm doing on my laptop if I'm sitting in bed. He's a cutie.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #2 
dbooknook

Well, my betta Feather likes to "digs" in gravel. He basically sticks his face in it and comes out.
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

LOL.

Mine will go in one corner of the tank, and swim along the back of the tank, through the filter current and then turn around and do it again and again and again. (my filter is baffled so the current is on the back)

It's like she is having fun. :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Velvet sometimes spits his food out before eating it.

When he eats his pellets, he nods hid head up and down. lol
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #5 
Sheldon31

Ky stalks the Cory cats. He prowls behind them along the sand with his dorsal up then when he sees they've found some food (I sometimes hide pellets or a bloodworm or two for the cats to find without Ky eating them) he'll shove his nose in the middle of them and gobble whatever it is up. Sometimes he jumps the gun and end up with a mouth full of sand.

Last night I gave them a treat of frozen daphnia. Ky wasn't keen and as I was watching him with my face very close to the glass he swam up to the glass, we were practically nose to nose and he spits some daphnia out at me, flares at me and swishes off. Was as if he was saying "here! Have your cr*ppy daphnia back and go get me some bloodworm!"
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
Ky stalks the Cory cats. He prowls behind them along the sand with his dorsal up then when he sees they've found some food (I sometimes hide pellets or a bloodworm or two for the cats to find without Ky eating them) he'll shove his nose in the middle of them and gobble whatever it is up. Sometimes he jumps the gun and end up with a mouth full of sand.

Last night I gave them a treat of frozen daphnia. Ky wasn't keen and as I was watching him with my face very close to the glass he swam up to the glass, we were practically nose to nose and he spits some daphnia out at me, flares at me and swishes off. Was as if he was saying "here! Have your cr*ppy daphnia back and go get me some bloodworm!"
LOL. He sounds so cute :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #7 
ZackyBear

Portal Prime likes to mess with the thermometer. It's a digital, and I have it floating on top of the tank. He will nose it around, flare at it, and he even tried to lay on it.

When I have my glasses on his will sit in front of his tank and stare at me. But when I have them off he will flare and swim around as if I'm intruding in his space xD
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

Well, my Betta Stalks Me!!! I keep him in the Kitchen, and whenever I go to see him, and get some food out of the Fridge, he follows me around!!! He mostly just waits at his Feeding Area. It's technically the Front of the Tank, and there's a hole on the Lid so I just drop the Pellets in there. The other Foods, I play 'Chase' with him. He also watches the Thermometer sometimes. He just literally looks at it. I think he's wondering what it is. He even Flares at me ALL the time!!! He's adorable. I <3 him so much. ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #9 
birdielikestomatoes

LOL and this is why I just adore bettas! Hilda, one of my girls, is also obsessed with the thermometer in her tank, she likes to sleep next to it and swim between it and the glass.

xD Ky sounds like a character. "What is this rubbish!? How DARE you even put this in my tank." xD xD xD

Stalker bettas? Whatever do you mean? *nervous twitch and peek over shoulder only to have Steve staring intently at the moniter* Hahaha....o_O

Eugeney likes to 'exercise' by swimming under the filter outtake. She also seems to enjoy swimming right under the flow of fresh water when I do water changes even though it's a colder than the heated water.

I woke up today and Steve has scraped himself against the gravel or something. There's like a 5in, Steve width line in the gravel and whatever he did it's ripped his fins. PFF, silly boy. I'm also happy to announce that he's finally exploring his new home! I actually panicked today when I couldn't see him and when I finally did he was wedged right up next to the heater and one of silk leaves just snoozing away. xD
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #10 
Alcemistnv

Buddha has an interesting habit of hiding...very well.
My tank is only a 2 gallon bowl, and there is a turtle toy which he like behind. And when the lamp is off and my room is dark, he likes to go in the shadows.
So I'm often wondering if he grew legs and walked out xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote