Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #1 
galvanizedentropy

Unhappy I changed his gravel and now he's lethargic, discolored, and won't eat

I just changed out my little buddy Louie's gravel for the first time, and a couple days later some bubbles formed on the surface of his water, and the water itself turned a bit cloudy, so I changed it. When I did, the inside of the bowl was a little grimy, almost like there was a soapy film on it, but I didn't use any soap or detergent or anything on the bowl or the new gravel, and I rinsed it thoroughly before putting it in. I honestly don't know what would have caused it. Now Louie's pretty red color has faded, he won't eat (even though before he would gobble everything up), and he is lethargic, either lying at the bottom of the bowl or drifting at the top, facing upwards. His fins are constantly flared as wide as they can go, which is kindof weird for him. He usually has his bottom fin flared, but not his top one. I'm really rather worried about him. If anyone has any advice or help, I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks from Louie and me.
galvanizedentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #2 
NoahG

I'm not sure what the grime may be, but I'd get him in a new, clean container (does he have a cup) with fresh water first thing and as soon as possible.

Hopefully someone else can help with the rest.
NoahG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discoaaalored, lethargic, won't eat food