Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #1 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
How do these look?

I don't think this PetsMart regularly keeps cloudy water with their plants. Then again, maybe thats what too many root tablets do???

I saw some brown spots on different plants, not sure if you can see them or not. A bit of poor lighting here. And the manager was looking at me weird like. I told him I have terrible memory and taking photos for research on the plants I want.

Also, if I bury the roots, is it true I will need to use root tablets and not liquid fert? I dont remember where I heard that from. Terrible memory here xD


Hornwort....sry for the blur

Wisteria???

Anacharis

moneywort
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #2 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
They look great to me! In very good shape! The pines on the hornwort look strong and healthy! They should all do well with liquid fertilizer in both substrate and floating as they are all root runner feeders and attain there nutrients from the water collum and not the substrate. Root tabs will not out nutrients into the water collum and ago would recommend liquid fertilizers
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #3 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
They look great to me! In very good shape! The pines on the hornwort look strong and healthy! They should all do well with liquid fertilizer in both substrate and floating as they are all root runner feeders and attain there nutrients from the water collum and not the substrate. Root tabs will not out nutrients into the water collum and ago would recommend liquid fertilizers
TYVM
I'm just having a hard time choosing only 2 of these xD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #4 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
2 bunches of hornwort would be my choice, they grow extremely fast and produce a fair amount of cover. They arelso are a Beatiful plant
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #5 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
2 bunches of hornwort would be my choice, they grow extremely fast and produce a fair amount of cover. They arelso are a Beatiful plant
I meant 2 different types
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #6 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Hmm. With hornwort being in the question, choosing 2 different types can be hard. Well anacharis is mainly a sub tropical plant and won't grow as beautifully, vigorously and large so I would be hesitant about getting that one, wisteria is a great bushy plant with minimal requirements. Moneywort is also a gat plant but it doesn't grow as fast and it has a hard acclimation period when it will loose some of its leaves, I would recommend a bunch of hornwort, and wisteria
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #7 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Hmm. With hornwort being in the question, choosing 2 different types can be hard. Well anacharis is mainly a sub tropical plant and won't grow as beautifully, vigorously and large so I would be hesitant about getting that one, wisteria is a great bushy plant with minimal requirements. Moneywort is also a gat plant but it doesn't grow as fast and it has a hard acclimation period when it will loose some of its leaves, I would recommend a bunch of hornwort, and wisteria
Ah
I almost forgot about the water temp part
it hovers between 80-83F
More than likely 82F

I dont mind a fast growing plant like Anacharis. I've got a 75 gallon that still needs stocking ;)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #8 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Anacharis would be great but I've noticed it to not grow as fast and well in higher temperatures
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #9 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
Anacharis would be great but I've noticed it to not grow as fast and well in higher temperatures
Hm...so Hornwort and Wisteria would do best in the water temps I have? I do like how Anacharis looks. But I think Spike would enjoy weaving through some hornworts more.
How does hornworts reproduce??
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #10 
Mo
Member
 
Mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Hornwort. I don't know how that one reproduces. It doesn't have roots, so I'm guessing that the plant itself just grows and eventually breaks apart, and the needles do aswell whether they become there own plants
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.