Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #1 
CasperandSunny

Will my fish still be okay with Priority shipping?

I just won my first bid on Aquabid.com and the person I bought the fish from (6 total) will be shipping them to me next Monday, they are coming from FL to East TN.

Now, here is my question, she charged me $15 for priority with no live arrival guarantee. It would be $45 for over night with live arrival guarantee. I was trying to just go with Priority, obviously it is thirty bucks difference. I ordered some fish a few weeks ago from Cali and it was overnight shipping, cost me fifty bucks, they were healthy and happy and perfect. Stressed out, but fine now.

I have read that priority is just fine, so I figured I can go with that, they are only two states away, so now biggie. However, this is only my 2nd order that I have made where fish are being mailed to me. Has anyone had experience with priority shipping, how where your fish, where they still alive when you got them? Just some basic questions. Thanks for your time folks!
CasperandSunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #2 
Luimeril

all of mine have come Priority so far. :V and all arrived safe and sound. :B you're in the same part of the US i am, and weather's been wonderfully warm, so they should be fine. :3 in fact, my most recent purchase, my first AB boy Todd, came priority, and he didn't even chomp his fins on the way here.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #3 
CasperandSunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
all of mine have come Priority so far. :V and all arrived safe and sound. :B you're in the same part of the US i am, and weather's been wonderfully warm, so they should be fine. :3 in fact, my most recent purchase, my first AB boy Todd, came priority, and he didn't even chomp his fins on the way here.
Excellent, I feel much better about it then. Yeah it has been absolutely
b-e-a-u-tiful lately. So much nicer than last year. Thanks for replying.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #4 
Luimeril

it's no problem! i still freak out, but only because i freak out anyways. :B it usually only takes 3-4 days to get to you. in the case of Todd, he was mailed Monday, in my hands Wednesday. :3
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #5 
CasperandSunny

Awesome, so they should be here around then, I figured wed. too. because she is sending them out Mon. Sweet. Will be getting 6 blue/marble bettas, the posting said fry, however they are 8 months old, so I think they are passed the fry stage.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #6 
Luimeril

huh.... did you get them from that blue betta person? :I i forget their full name... if i had the money, i'd totally get some, but i just don't have money for them, nor space right now! lol

... looking around my room, i have five spare tanks around a gallon. BUT STILL! no, Lui! lol
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #7 
CasperandSunny

Yes, we have no HM's, just CT's, VT's, DoubleT's, and Delta tails, so I wanted to get a nice selection of HM. Lol, I know, I could just fill my whole house with the bettas I fall in love with, both online and in the store, but you gotta have some control...uunfortunately
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #8 
Luimeril

:I i heard some bad things about that person. like... one person on another forum bought from him, and all the bettas had one eye, and the fins were a mess. o.0 poor things.

i mean, i'm not into looks, so i'd still buy, but still. ;n; nipped fins are easy to heal, i just worry about the eyes, ya know? :I

>3> i dunno. 16 isn't too many. right? lol kidding. xD
Old 04-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

Bluebetta has been nothing but trouble.

Priority is fine. When it comes down to it, the packing method is more important than the shipping time frame. Most people A) Don't use enough water B) Use too much water C) Don't insulate the box correctly and D) Don't place enough padding in the box. I have received most of my shipments via Priority and I've never received a DOA or had a fish die from being shipped from me.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #10 
Scope Eye

And I thought I was the only one in Tennessee that had a betta habbit!!
Scope Eye is offline   Reply With Quote