Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #1 
Saphire

Project for new setup; need your advice.

I've been on this forum for a short time gattering information as betta are now the master fish in this house. Hubby fell in love with my sorority and the rest is history...

We currently have 7 fry left of our very first spawn and are preparing for a second. I friend of mine is a breeder and showed me his fish. More fish purchases in the near future. Of course we want to have the best set up possible for everyone.

This is what we have spacewise right now:

It's 48 inches in lenght. The extra shelves are removable and I know it can hold weight. Use to be my grandpa 's music center in the 70's, lots of vinyl discs...

On the left is the spawning tank with the super blacks; center the, now 7, fry and to the right , what remain of our first tank building experience.

We intend to build an acrylic barrack that will hopefully hold 7-8 males. It would sit on top with a breeding tank. Since I have seen people do spawns in rubbermade containers, we intend to take out the shelving to put 2 such containers under.

Now our question is what would be ideal dimensions for the barrack? We were thinking 36''W X 12''H X 12 ''D. We want an overflow in the back, that will hold the heater and the intake of a HOB filter. With the depth of the tank we figure a separator every 5 inches so 8 enclosures. The last small one for the filter outtake will help reduce the surface motion .

Been seeing a lot of interresting setups on this forum and i'll like some imput on our project.

Look forward to reading your thoughts, comments and critiques.

Thanks
Saphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #2 
Spazzfish

This looks like its going to be a realy awesome set up i wish my parents would let me have more tanks. What kind of bettas are you spawning?
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #3 
BeckyFish97

Looks like you have plenty of space there, I'm not sure about sizes for barracks.Which fish are you breeding?Also...move the laptops before you start :P They won't do well in a tank share :P
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote