Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #1 
KasaraWolf

Exclamation HELP! My Boys Got Into a Fight!

OH GOSH, I went into my room just a minute ago to find that somehow my half blind white Crowntail, Gabriel, broke through the divider! He really ripped up my halfmoon, Dean, his fins are totally shredded. Gabriel has little damage to him, but his gills are so red. Poor Dean didn't stand a chance against him D:!!!

What should I do? I took him out immediately and put them into 2 separate tanks and put in some stress coat/conditioner. They are currently acclimating in the water. Please help, I have never had my fish do this before D:
KasaraWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

What damage do they have? If it's only fin damage then warm clean conditioned water should heal them up fine.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #3 
KasaraWolf

I also forgot to add that Gabriel is going to the top a ton for air and then sort of lets himself drop down and as soon as he gets to the bottom, he goes back up for air again.

@ShirleytheBetta Dean looks like he just has fin damage, but I think Gabriel may have some missing scales on his face.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:10 PM   #4 
KasaraWolf

Here is his before picture....

And his after-

I will try to take pictures of Gabriel, I think the scales on his face is a bit roughed up D:
Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #5 
chrissylee13

awwww poor things. :[ i agree with the warm clean water and stress coat. i just recently had this happen to me too, with one of my girls and a boy..
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #6 
syds mom

this happened to me a few weeks ago. I had my boy blu in his 10 gallon tank and had to move Casper in with him with a divider. Kept noticing blu nudging at the corner. Well about an hour later he had got in with Casper. It was on. I scrambled to get him out, luckly no one was hurt. Casper looked so scared. Lesson learnt. Everyone has their own 10 gallon for themselves.
syds mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #7 
KasaraWolf

Dean is alright this morning, he is acting all hyper active again. Okay, so it seems I have another issue...while taking pictures of Gabriel, I noticed his eye was a bit swollen and clouded (I think it may be a bit fuzzy as well)

I will try to take more pictures, the camera for some reason would not focus on him. He is currently not wanting to eat anything.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #8 
wystearya

Oh, I am so sorry! I'm just going to agree with the clean water/stress coat for now. Keeping them clean, calm, and on a good diet will help them heal.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote