Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

Basketball Betta

It was the almost end of March. The 23rd of it specifically. I have already set up my 3 gallon heated tank. And I believed that I could do it again after the loss of the former. I went to Petsmart. I went in into the Betta Fish Isle. I saw all the Betta Fishes. All poorly stocked into tiny, dirty, poop-filled pint-sized cups. I felt bad for them but happy for the Betta Fish I was going to rescue. I searched and searched for the perfect one. I took my time to find the ONE. It mattered. This fish would probably be with me for up to 3-5 years. This would be my best friend, that I would care for. The best friend that I would love and cherish. After a few minutes of looking, I have found 2 Betta Fishes that I wanted. One blue. One red. I have always loved basketball. I am a girl, but still love it. I would name all the Betta Fish that I would get basketball players. Anyway, after observing them. Testing them. I have decided to adopt the red one, with pale blue on the base of the fins. He was a Crown tail. Sure he was pretty, but I felt something. Something that he had that made me buy him and rescue him. The blue one was great too. He had my favorite color all over the place. But with a hint of green all over his fins. They were both healthy. They had all the things that a Betta Fish would have. When I chose the red one and picked him up I said, "Don't worry. You'll be in a new big home where everyone would love you." As if he listened, he looked happier, but he was still stuck in a cup. When my parents drove me home, ( I don't know how to drive and still live with them ) they had to stop to get something, but I told them we had to go straight home, but they still needed to. So, I left him on the floor of the car, where his cup wouldn't be possibly knocked over. We left him there for 5 minutes. And came back. I inspected him so I could see if he was healthy, and so he was. When I arrived home, I immediately did all the acclimation steps and safely put him in his new tank. He swam around. I tried to feed him and he did eat. I gave him 1 pellet. My parents asked me what I should name him, and I said "Lebron."
After all, he was red and reminded me of Miami HEAT. And besides his face was white and it also reminded me of Lebron James's headband in the past. After a few weeks of owning him and now April 28, 2012, he is still happy to day. I love him REALLY much and I hope he could stay with me as long as he could.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #2 
Laki

:) Aw, such a nice story! The trip of going to look at bettas is exciting. Do you have pics of Lebron? (Or are they in another thread?) I hope you and Lebron have many years of happiness ahead :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Thank You, Laki!!! I think I will download pics of him! But it is hard b-cuz he keeps swimming and swimming! Oh, well. Ill try! I think Ill post it in Betta Pictures. He is still doing well and I wish you luck 4 your Bettas 2!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #4 
Laki

hah! I hear you, my Ludey is too hard to photograph too!! lol And thanks :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote