Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 
JBosley

Quietest air pump for sponge filter? + Help?

Hey!
So I have decided to try sponge filters, but my only concern is the noise of the air pump. My tanks are in my room, so I need the quietest air pump ever!

Also, should I have 2 in my 15 gallon divided tank? 1 on each side? Or is just one efficient?
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

I have the Fusion air pumps, and they are probably the quietest I've found. The Tetra Whisper pumps don't live up to their names. That was the reason I got the Fusion pumps. I got them from DrsFosterandSmith.com.

You could do two sponge filters and run them off one air pump. How well-planted is the tank? Are you wanting them for filtration or just water movement?
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I have the Fusion air pumps, and they are probably the quietest I've found. The Tetra Whisper pumps don't live up to their names. That was the reason I got the Fusion pumps. I got them from DrsFosterandSmith.com.

You could do two sponge filters and run them off one air pump. How well-planted is the tank? Are you wanting them for filtration or just water movement?
Thanks! I've heard those are so far the quietest.

That would be great! As I have limited outlets... It isn't planted at all, and I am going to be planting my 5 gallon (not heavily) in about a month or so. I wanted it for both really haha
Old 04-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

Without plants I would do two sponge filters run from the one pump. Sponge filters are great for planted tanks, too.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #5 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
Without plants I would do two sponge filters run from the one pump. Sponge filters are great for planted tanks, too.
Thanks! I think I'll order everything off that site, where you told me about the air pump. Seems cheap enough!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #6 
wystearya

Well, I just want to note that I have one of the Tetra Whisper air pumps, and it is super quiet. I have it sitting on an oven mitt to keep it from vibrating on the table. There is only a low hum.

Just saying, that at least for me, this is a very quiet pump.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote