Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #21 
BeckyFish97

I bought one for my boy gandalf and he loves to sit on it, letting his head hang off juuuust slightly!!!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #22 
Atena

Gandalf is so pretty, I love your avatar pic. Who knew a simply white fish would be so impressive.

Atena :)
Atena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #23 
SarahandOscar

I was just coming online to say how cute it is when I go to wish my 4 boys sweet dreams they are all snuggled up on their hammocks hehe. Each to their own but my boys over them.
SarahandOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #24 
SpookyKitten

I got one for Killian (he outgrew the leaves of the plant I have in his tank!!) and he likes it. He's a teenager though so he'll only sit on it when he thinks we're not watching. -_-
SpookyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #25 
Rosso1011

LOL. That sounds like my boys.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #26 
MollyJean

I just ordered 3 for Tidbit. She loves being near the top of the water, probably because it's harder to move, and has been using the leaves on her aquatic banana plant to rest on. (Which would be perfect if it was larger) but as soon as she goes into the big tank, I want to have levels for her to rest on. She gets tired so fast in a large space.

Last edited by MollyJean; 05-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #27 
Tikibirds

I would like to get some but I don't like what I have heard in the past about the wire on the inside.

An alternative would be to get Indian Almond Leaves. You can only get them online, unless you happen to live in asia. I get them from amy something on ebay. They leaves range in size but are usually quite big, plus they add tannins to the water. Whenever i give my bettas these leaves, after the leaf gets a little water logged and stats to sink, I always find them resting on top of the leaves. Sometimes it freaks me out because from a distance it looks like they are on top of a dry leaf.

The drawback is - they eventaully get water logged and sink and will rot if not replaced. Plus they tint the water from a light amber to a dark brown depending on how long you leave the leaf in. Its more natural for the betta but I don't care for the brown colored water. It would probably look nice with a NPT
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #28 
Laki

I rest my IAL's over a tall "branch" on my silk coily plants so when they water log and want to sink they rather droop dramatically over the silk plant (depending on how soft the IAL get)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #29 
Bethydan

My CT lays on top of the thermometer to rest, which looks terribly uncomfortable. So I'm considering a hammock.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #30 
LorRenee

I finally got a hammock (and the log) for Twpsyn. He's still trying to figure out how the leaf works. Today we messed with height and after every adjustment I made he would go and test it out and eventually we found one he seemed to like. Throughout the day he would go and test it out, try and find what was more comfortable. He still doesn't have the hang of it, but he's at least trying.

As for the log? He tends to forget that he can swim through it until I entice him with something on the other side. I have, however, noticed it tends to always turn to the "side" and have one end stuck against a side of the tank and my fish can't swim through it. Has anyone found a solution to this? Right now I have it resting on some plantage and that seems to hold it in a position that keeps both ends open, but I don't know how long that will last.
LorRenee is offline   Reply With Quote