Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Question on Facebook Group I can't find support for
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Sivan

Question on Facebook Group I can't find support for

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody has heard of this question I was asked on my Facebook group today:

Quote:
Jacob Petit
So, on redditt i found something saying "...some enjoy being raised in a hand out of the water
And stroked. There have been cases of depression where the male betta will starve himself if taken out straight after a spawn. Is this true??" anyway just wondering if the stroking and depression part is true.
I have heard of the stroking thing but never bought it because there is a difference between liking and tolerating an action, as well as the fact that I have never heard this beyond hearsay/rumor. I do not know about breeding and cannot answer the second part.

BettaSmart: My personal blog dedicated to ending the myths and misconceptions on Betta fish care through educational articles. Topics range from basic care to raising awareness about the dangerous marketing practices in the fish world.