Rant thread - Page 2421 - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
Like Tree812Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #24201 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:03 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 25
Aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaloveee View Post
(I'm not making excuses , I swear!) The suburb I live in smack dab in the middle of a busy highway, so you can't really go anywhere without going without getting on the highway, and police wont let you ride you bikes on the high way because a lot of people have been getting hit & killed on the highways in my area(I also don't have a bike)

If I pass my driver's test on the 6th, I'll be able to drive on my own and I told my mom if none of these companies called back, that the first thing I would do is go hunting for a job. We have a lot of small companies, and a lot of small petstores who are hopefully willing to hire!


Or if you take bus or train, i go around with my cruiserboard, basically a skateboard tuned towards getting around instead of doing tricks. Just cruise around, and when i get on bus just pick em up, they're plastic, practically weighs nothing, at school i just lean them on my table, no bike parking hassle, don't even need hands to steer so pretty much text and cruise all you want


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bettaloveee likes this.
bambii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24202 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Member
 
moodynarwhal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: My house
Posts: 937
I've been deaf in my left ear for a couple of months now, and it's driving me crazy. Not only can I not hear anything with that ear, but it's also ringing non-stop. It started with a cold I had a few months ago and I got really congested. I haven't been able to hear out of it since. I asked my mom to take me to the doctor but she said she might just take me to this guy who still practices medicine like it's the forties to get the wax out. I'm pretty sure it isn't wax. Of course, she probably just thinks I'm being dramatic. It's like this with everything. "Mom, I think my glasses need to be stronger." "But you said they were better than your old ones!" "Well, they are, but things are still a little blurry." "I'm not taking you again until next year. You just got those." "Mom, I need new shoes." "What, so you're size nine and a half now? You said your feet were done growing!" Well, sorry mom, I didn't know my feet were going to grow more after being the same size for four years. Oh, and my dad has had a concussion for the past year so what everyone else's needs is going to have to wait the next six months for him to get better, because you can't do anything between the once-a-week Dr. appointments and the every other week grocery trip. Okay, I know it's hard to be a mom, and it's probably not as bad as i'm making it sound, but I'm really done with this. If I say I need something and then I don't say anything for six months. my mom will be like "You were okay for six months!" Uh, actually I wasn't I just wasn't complaining because I don't want to seem like a spoiled brat.
ThatFishThough likes this.


Meet me and my fish in my (somewhat neglected) journal:


https://www.bettafish.com/144-journa...s-journal.html


Custom Crochet/Amigurumi bettas for sale! Black Friday/Cyber Monday $5 dollars off!


https://www.bettafish.com/140-betta-...ml#post7762674
moodynarwhal is offline  
post #24203 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 10:25 AM
Member
 
sabrinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,148
I love me pets, but sometimes I envy people who don't have four legged terrors interrupting their sleep. It's finals week and I have my physics exam today. I have to get an 89% on the exam but that's going to be difficult when I'm exhausted because of my dog and cat. We have no air conditioning so I had to sleep with my window open (it was 86 in the house, all my tanks were around 84 degrees as we all needed to cool off), but that meant my cat and dog would be obsessed with looking out it all night. My cat will jump on top of one of my tanks to climb through the blinds ( I can't leave them all the way open for her because of my dog) and she's so fricken noisy. If the big tom cat happens to be sitting on the neighbor's roof she'll start yowling. My dog spends the entire night sitting in front of the window keeping his eyes and ears open for sketchy raccoons and squirrels. If he thinks one's out there he'll start whining and pacing endlessly because he wants to go investigate. I got zero sleep last night between the two.

Oh, and my crazy goose lady neighbor spent forever last night outside yelling, clapping, and banging metal things together because there was a crow in her tree. A crow. I can guarantee one crow cannot hurt her large adult geese.
sabrinah is offline  
 
post #24204 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Member
 
MysticSky22301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Central Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinah View Post
I love me pets, but sometimes I envy people who don't have four legged terrors interrupting their sleep. It's finals week and I have my physics exam today. I have to get an 89% on the exam but that's going to be difficult when I'm exhausted because of my dog and cat. We have no air conditioning so I had to sleep with my window open (it was 86 in the house, all my tanks were around 84 degrees as we all needed to cool off), but that meant my cat and dog would be obsessed with looking out it all night. My cat will jump on top of one of my tanks to climb through the blinds ( I can't leave them all the way open for her because of my dog) and she's so fricken noisy. If the big tom cat happens to be sitting on the neighbor's roof she'll start yowling. My dog spends the entire night sitting in front of the window keeping his eyes and ears open for sketchy raccoons and squirrels. If he thinks one's out there he'll start whining and pacing endlessly because he wants to go investigate. I got zero sleep last night between the two.

Oh, and my crazy goose lady neighbor spent forever last night outside yelling, clapping, and banging metal things together because there was a crow in her tree. A crow. I can guarantee one crow cannot hurt her large adult geese.
Try a spray bottle of water set on stream, I use mine when the cats won't leave stuff alone or the dogs bark at nothing. I'm a rather light sleeper, so my cats chasing a bottle cap or a plastic bag is really annoying and they learn very quickly what's getting them sprayed! If plain water doesn't work add a little vinager even the most stubborn dog HATES that smell and will avoid getting sprayed after a little while

5 giant goldfish, 23 bettas, a dozen guppies, 20 bronze/albino corys and a random assortment of a few other community fish/ invertebrates.
1 adorable little frog, 5 cats, 3 dogs and a wonderful toddler aged daughter

Family fur-balls and fins <3
MysticSky22301 is offline  
post #24205 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 01:15 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 25
Aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSky22301 View Post
Try a spray bottle of water set on stream, I use mine when the cats won't leave stuff alone or the dogs bark at nothing. I'm a rather light sleeper, so my cats chasing a bottle cap or a plastic bag is really annoying and they learn very quickly what's getting them sprayed! If plain water doesn't work add a little vinager even the most stubborn dog HATES that smell and will avoid getting sprayed after a little while


You forget crazy goose lady.
Don't forget crazy goose lady.
Never forget crazy goose lady.

For this one, high pressure hose might do the trick


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bambii is offline  
post #24206 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Member
 
sabrinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSky22301 View Post
Try a spray bottle of water set on stream, I use mine when the cats won't leave stuff alone or the dogs bark at nothing. I'm a rather light sleeper, so my cats chasing a bottle cap or a plastic bag is really annoying and they learn very quickly what's getting them sprayed! If plain water doesn't work add a little vinager even the most stubborn dog HATES that smell and will avoid getting sprayed after a little while
My cat doesn't care about anything so that wouldn't work on her, and my dog has an extreme fear of spraying water so I would never do that to him. His previous abusers used to spray him with a high pressure hose when he wasn't getting beaten. He can't even walk past sprinklers.

SIP Spitfire, Dyson, and Spike
sabrinah is offline  
post #24207 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Member
 
NyanRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 64
So I work selling dog and cat food, but I do so in petsmarts and petcos and sometimes I get SO FRUSTRATED when it comes to the poor betta! I mean the fact that those tanks(if you can call something slightly bigger than the cups a tank) are even sold makes me so mad! But the other day a mother came in to get a betta for her daughter, and now as an employee what I can do is limited but sometimes I will say 'do you mind if I make a suggestion?' and if they are open it I will share my experiences with my bettas and recommend tanks. She was apparently originally wanting a half gallon and two betta, and I quickly fixed that but she was insistent she HAD to have two betta for her two kids, and they HAD to be in ONE tank and it was going on the kitchen table and it HAD to be less than 2 gallons. I swear it was like pulling teeth!!


Oh and while I am at it, this one made me more mad. This happened saturday and I was fuming. A guy came in because he found a tiny kitten(no more than 5 weeks at most) running in the street. He sadly had very little time because he had to get to work, and was trying to find someone to watch her but was having no luck and his work wouldn't let him call in. So one of the petsmart employees took her so that she would have a place and he had to go. So she went to talk to her manager and she BLEW UP. Just went on ranting about how they are not som epitstop for lost pets, if he couldn't keep her he should have left her to get run over or eaten by a bird(her words), and now this is a burden upon the store. Omg it took SO MUCH EFFORT to not go CRAZY ON HER for even saying that! How can you claim to love pets then say that a KITTEN should just die because he had to go to work and god forbid he was hoping for a store that claims they cater to pets would help. Thankfully another employee insisted she take the kitten home for the night so she was okay but that response from the manager made me SO ANGRY!! GRAAH!

Last edited by NyanRose; 05-22-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: another addition
NyanRose is offline  
post #24208 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Bettaloveee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: with Sushi
Posts: 615
Aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinah View Post
I love me pets, but sometimes I envy people who don't have four legged terrors interrupting their sleep. It's finals week and I have my physics exam today. I have to get an 89% on the exam but that's going to be difficult when I'm exhausted because of my dog and cat. We have no air conditioning so I had to sleep with my window open (it was 86 in the house, all my tanks were around 84 degrees as we all needed to cool off), but that meant my cat and dog would be obsessed with looking out it all night. My cat will jump on top of one of my tanks to climb through the blinds ( I can't leave them all the way open for her because of my dog) and she's so fricken noisy. If the big tom cat happens to be sitting on the neighbor's roof she'll start yowling. My dog spends the entire night sitting in front of the window keeping his eyes and ears open for sketchy raccoons and squirrels. If he thinks one's out there he'll start whining and pacing endlessly because he wants to go investigate. I got zero sleep last night between the two.

Oh, and my crazy goose lady neighbor spent forever last night outside yelling, clapping, and banging metal things together because there was a crow in her tree. A crow. I can guarantee one crow cannot hurt her large adult geese.
I can strongly relate to the cat. I don't even leave my window open, but my cat throws himself in between my blinds because he wants to look out(which is unbelievably noisy, not to mention he does this at all hours of the night) It's especially worse when he sees the outside cats, he literally tears my blinds apart and does this weird yowl meowing sound, which is unbelievably loud. So most night, I'm up until 3 a.m. chasing my cat around while he tears my window blinds & my brothers blinds apart, and trying to shut him the heck up when he starts his weird cat cry. It's the absolute worst. It's gotten better, because it's gotten to the point to where my mom and I REFUSE to let him sleep. Every time he tries to sleep, we wake him right up and don't let him sleep at all. Until it gets to the point where he decides to fight back and just sleep on purr on our shoulders when we pick him up to wake him. I can almost guarantee he's laughing at our foolishness, lol.

Tip: If your cat starts to do this, open a few of the blinds individually with your hands, I do it with my cat now and he just sits and watches until he gets tired and sleeps!

Proud owner of 7 Precious Bettas:
Urania, Lux, Petra, Perseus, Sirius, Comet, Tabasco
Forever In My Heart:
Sushi(My Angel), Tutankhamun, Jose

Bettaloveee is offline  
post #24209 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Member
 
MysticSky22301's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Central Iowa, USA
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanRose View Post


Oh and while I am at it, this one made me more mad. This happened saturday and I was fuming. A guy came in because he found a tiny kitten(no more than 5 weeks at most) running in the street. He sadly had very little time because he had to get to work, and was trying to find someone to watch her but was having no luck and his work wouldn't let him call in. So one of the petsmart employees took her so that she would have a place and he had to go. So she went to talk to her manager and she BLEW UP. Just went on ranting about how they are not som epitstop for lost pets, if he couldn't keep her he should have left her to get run over or eaten by a bird(her words), and now this is a burden upon the store. Omg it took SO MUCH EFFORT to not go CRAZY ON HER for even saying that! How can you claim to love pets then say that a KITTEN should just die because he had to go to work and god forbid he was hoping for a store that claims they cater to pets would help. Thankfully another employee insisted she take the kitten home for the night so she was okay but that response from the manager made me SO ANGRY!! GRAAH!

One this lady shouldn't have a job with pets
Two I would have walked over handed the manager my number and told her to give it to the man when he came back, walking out with the kitten.

I then would have explained to the man when he called why I had the little baby and what the manager had said. Honestly? Too many people just don't care or would rather watch another person starve than be inconvenienced, so everyone suffers Because of these people. Especially animals that have no voice of their own

5 giant goldfish, 23 bettas, a dozen guppies, 20 bronze/albino corys and a random assortment of a few other community fish/ invertebrates.
1 adorable little frog, 5 cats, 3 dogs and a wonderful toddler aged daughter

Family fur-balls and fins <3
MysticSky22301 is offline  
post #24210 of 24319 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Member
 
NyanRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSky22301 View Post


One this lady shouldn't have a job with pets
Two I would have walked over handed the manager my number and told her to give it to the man when he came back, walking out with the kitten.

I then would have explained to the man when he called why I had the little baby and what the manager had said. Honestly? Too many people just don't care or would rather watch another person starve than be inconvenienced, so everyone suffers Because of these people. Especially animals that have no voice of their own
well I was about to but one of the employees was in a better position to foster and she's very nice so I trust her to do right by the baby. Honestly though the managers reaction really surprise me. She is normally so nice when these situations happen. I remember when a couple came in with a guinea pig they found she snatched it right up and was willing to foster herself I guess that just doesn't pass on the kittens she must just see it as just another feral cat and not think much of it. The thing that makes me mad about that though is with wild animals, yes sometimes you need to let nature take its course. But these cats are domestic animals, simply because they live feral doesn't make them wild animals they are domestic at their core and feral cats are massive problems so if you can take that baby out of that life and give it a better one why wouldn't you?
NyanRose is offline  
Reply

Tags
bettathanyou

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant! Alexanderismylife Betta Chat 7 07-01-2010 02:17 PM
Rant CodeRed The Lounge 15 06-15-2010 08:17 PM
OMG I can't take this anymore *A Rant* Zenandra The Lounge 4 06-11-2010 04:47 PM
Arg! (A rant) vaygirl The Lounge 7 06-09-2010 08:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome