ISO: Live plants shipped to PA. - Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
RNHime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 426
Arrow ISO: Live plants shipped to PA.

Hello! I am helping a friend set up a 20g planted freshwater aquarium. Unfortunately I don't have the selection I used to cultivate, as I've only had 1 small tank running for the past year. I've called 8 different pet shops in the area, and they've got nothing, or nothing ultra-fast-growing.

Looking for something like guppy grass to fill space quickly. I know this is an awful time need plants, it's been terribly cold in my area, but alas... I'm asking here just in case anyone has plants to share. Hoping to find a selection over the weekend and have them shipped Tuesday 1/22... because Monday (1/21) is a postal holiday! Seriously could the timing on this be any worse, lol...

  • Trying to find people on the East coast/near PA to limit transit times.
  • Easy care plants for a beginner preferred.
  • Please let me know if you have any type of snails or other possible hitchhikers in your tank.
  • Please do insulate the package to the best of your ability.
  • Name your price + shipping, please.
Thank you in advance for trying to help us out!
RNHime is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 05:44 PM
TFK Moderator
 
RussellTheShihTzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 16,937
Should you not find any plants near you, I am receiving a package from California this week. Would you like me to let you know how it fared?

My 59-Year Aquarium and 51-Year Betta Addictions
https://www.bettafish.com/144-journa...addiction.html

Linking member
Betta and Plants and Friends, Oh My!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/461885880848032/

If your dog thinks you are the greatest do not seek a second opinion
RussellTheShihTzu is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Old Dog 59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oil City PA. USA
Posts: 587
Aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNHime View Post
Hello! I am helping a friend set up a 20g planted freshwater aquarium. Unfortunately I don't have the selection I used to cultivate, as I've only had 1 small tank running for the past year. I've called 8 different pet shops in the area, and they've got nothing, or nothing ultra-fast-growing.

Looking for something like guppy grass to fill space quickly. I know this is an awful time need plants, it's been terribly cold in my area, but alas... I'm asking here just in case anyone has plants to share. Hoping to find a selection over the weekend and have them shipped Tuesday 1/22... because Monday (1/21) is a postal holiday! Seriously could the timing on this be any worse, lol...

  • Trying to find people on the East coast/near PA to limit transit times.
  • Easy care plants for a beginner preferred.
  • Please let me know if you have any type of snails or other possible hitchhikers in your tank.
  • Please do insulate the package to the best of your ability.
  • Name your price + shipping, please.
Thank you in advance for trying to help us out!
I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner, Depending on where in PA. you are If in the south eastern area Philadelphia, Lancaster, area there is a pet shop in Lancaster called That Fish Place That Pet Place, The are one of the nations largest Wholesale, retail shops with every major brand of pet supplies. They also have one of the largest Fish shops both Fresh water and salt water with a fantastic supply of plants and coral. Their shipping is reasonable and free if over $49.00. With live fish and plants their delivery to the door is 2 days here in PA, from the time you order until you receive them at the door. The web site is WWW.thatfishplacethatpetplace, you might want to look there. If you order bunch plants I would recommend dipping them in case of pond snails.
Old Dog 59 is online now  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
RNHime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 426
Wow, sorry I missed these replies. This is honestly the first I've even seen of my post since it "disappeared" from me when I made it, ack!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Should you not find any plants near you, I am receiving a package from California this week. Would you like me to let you know how it fared?
Hey there, I did manage to find some plants from NY state and SC. They did okay! Thankfully the sellers both had styrofoam insulation around everything. How did yours fare?
RNHime is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
RNHime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog 59 View Post
I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner, Depending on where in PA. you are If in the south eastern area Philadelphia, Lancaster, area there is a pet shop in Lancaster called That Fish Place That Pet Place, The are one of the nations largest Wholesale, retail shops with every major brand of pet supplies. They also have one of the largest Fish shops both Fresh water and salt water with a fantastic supply of plants and coral. Their shipping is reasonable and free if over $49.00. With live fish and plants their delivery to the door is 2 days here in PA, from the time you order until you receive them at the door. The web site is WWW.thatfishplacethatpetplace, you might want to look there. If you order bunch plants I would recommend dipping them in case of pond snails.

Hello, I have seen their site before, thanks for letting me know that they are good! Unfortunately half of what I was truly interested in is either sold out right now or not available for shipping/retail only. Bah! Wish I lived closer to their store... PA is too big, lol. I always love browsing brick and mortars.

And yes. Always dip if it's coming from a retailer! I learned that the hard way years ago.

No worries on not seeing this sooner, I didn't even realize this part of the forum now has to be approved before it's actually posted.
RNHime is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ISO low-light live plants FishyWishes Planted Betta Tanks 1 11-19-2018 04:01 PM
shipped plants smell like pine pigsfly Planted Betta Tanks 7 02-11-2014 05:52 PM
5 gallon hex w/ live plants & 2.5 gallon bow w/ live plants SuperSlow06 Planted Betta Tanks 1 11-13-2013 07:19 PM
ISO plants indianabetta Betta Fish Marketplace 0 05-15-2012 07:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome