I am so happy to be here with fellow betta enthusiasts.
My betta ace has been with me for almost 8 months.
He has been through rough times, me not being able to clean his tank due to my busy schedule, me not being able to feed ace, me not able to find a solution to his fin that isn't healing and the list goes on. After feeling bad I've decided to separate my cherry barbs from my betta. I don't mind buying a little more resources. So with your help I would first like transform my 1.7 gallon cube tank into a planted haven. And then maybe my 2 gallon into a planted haven too.
With these resources can you help me?
1. A 1 and a 2 gallon [cube shape]
2. a betta with a torn tail not healing even after a few months but he is perfectly fine. His tankmates are cherry barbs  that sometimes nip his fin. They also quarrel amongst themselves [rarely fin nipping]. They are in a 1 gallon with soil and are fed Hikari micro pellets and tetra bits.
3. A set off DIY cleaning suplies
4. A smart uncle who knows fish very well but rarely helps me. He got me the betta for my BDAY.
5. A budget enough to buy some ADA tissue cultures.
6. A light
7. Some spare budget to buy rocks,filter,etc
8. A filter that doesn't work well with my fish so I do not use it.
Can you solve this case?