Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - hi everyone!! tell me, what was your first experience with fish like?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 12:46 AM
aemaki09

Glad to see you here! The first few days can be very stressful if you realize you dont have the right kits for them!

I dont remember my first experience too well. I think I was like 4-5 and my dad got me one as a gift because I would always fall asleep in front of his tank so he figured he would put one by my bed so I could fall asleep there a bit better. (i've never been one to fall asleep at a decent time)
Anyways, he didnt last too long. He was in a 1 gallon bowl with a couple of fake plants for him to hang out in. No heater but we lived in florida so it wasnt too much of a problem. He must have lasted a couple of months at the least. After him I fell in love with bettas though and have been keeping them on and off throughout my life.

10 HM, 3 HMPK, 5 HMPK fry
8 German Blue Ram, 5 Green Dragon BNP, 4 Albino BNP, 4 Calico BNP, 6 Red BNP, 5 Kuhli Loaches, 2 ADF, 7 Peppered Cories, & 6 Tiger Endlers + Fry
12 full time tanks, 4 NPT, 6 QT/Breeders
Member IBC