Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Rambling about my boys
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Rainbo
TFK Moderator

Rambling about my boys

Rather then keep on rambling in threads I start asking for help I figure I'd ramble here.

My boys are Monet, Pinkerton, and Mercury.

Monet is the oldest of the three, I got him in March from PetSense when my first boy Lucky passed away. He's a blue and red partial draonscale rosetail, with a sweet nature. Unfortunately the past 2 weeks he's been acting lethargic and does not want to eat, for the life of me I can't figure out what might be wrong with him, today he hid in his cave when I went to feed him. Speaking of which I need to do a water change on his tank due to the uneaten food in it. His tank is a 2.5 gal with mainly artificial silk plants and 1 live coin anubia.

Pinkerton I got 5 weeks ago from PetSmart. He's supposed to be a pastel butterfly halfmoon or delta betta but I think he's aiming to be a plakat. He's a feisty guy who insist on leaping for his food despite my efforts to get him to not, he also regularly bites my finger when I feed him LOL. Unfortunately he's a tail biter and so far is winning in the battle to get him to stop. Next up to try is shrinking his tank with some craft mesh and hopefully de-ramshorning some anacharis and putting it in for more cover. If anyone can tell me where I can buy a betta sized cone of shame I'd be eternally grateful!

Mercury I got around 3 days after Pinkerton. I got him from WalMart and he's a copper crowntail that was in a cup labeled veiltail. He was really pale when I got him and I figured people would keep passing him up for prettier fish so I bought him, he's colored up beautifully! He's pretty laid back and loves to swim over and say hello or beg for good. Out of the 3 he's giving me the least amount of trouble health wise.

Here's some pictures of the boys Monet's is from a week ago, and Pinkerton and Mercuy are from today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2714.jpg (79.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2775.jpg (51.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2796.jpg (71.1 KB, 95 views)