Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Rambling about my boys
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Rainbo
TFK Moderator

A couple days ago I tried floating a piece of craft mesh in Pinkertons tank to see if he'd consider it top cover, I'm not sure if he does or not, but he has decided that it makes a really nice place to blow a bubble nest. I need to do a bit more research about how to do an Alum dip on plants and if anacharis will survive a dip. If will then I'll be able to move some of the anacharis from Mercury's tank into Pinkerton's. Which should hopefully solve the top cover problem.

For the past few days I've left the light off in Monet's tank, that seems to help a bit with his hiding, but unfortunately he's still very lethargic, and while he's eating a bit more he's still not eating like he used to. I really wish I knew what was wrong with him, no external problems that I can see, just the lethargy and lack of appetite. Once again I tested the ammonia and nitrite levels and both are fine.

Mercury is as cute and active as every. He's such a sweet boy and loves to come to the side of the tank to see what I"m up to.