Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Kojin's Journal
Thread: Kojin's Journal
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 04:35 AM Thread Starter
Ratvan

Aquarium
3rd December 2018 Update

So today i have started work on the Aquascape that I will place Kojin and the Clean up Crew in after Christmas and New Year, the office will be shut for 3 weeks so i have set up light timers to give the new plants the best chance while I am away from this. So I have started building the structure of the tank this morning, I have added Decorative Black Gravel as a base over some complete Substrate for plants, then I have positioned some Large Slab pieces and filled gaps with smaller slate pieces.

The intention here is to plant into these gaps between the large Slate pieces and have a complete Hardscape and Vegetation outcropping. I also intend to position one final slate slab on top which I will use to grow Emergent plants which I will be picking up today at lunchtime and planting after work.

The Large Slate rocks have been soaking in a bleach solution for approximately a week, they were then very harshly scrubbed in prepared water (age treated) before a final soak over the weekend (again age soaked treated water) and scrubbed this morning. Hopefully this should stop me getting extremely cloudy water as well as removing any undesirable bacteria and critters.

I plan on adding the below plants to this tank; as you will notice I have chosen a limited type and style of plant. I plan on having the foreground bare

Anubias (Various)
Cryptocoryne Beckettii 'Petchii'
Echinodorus 'Bleherae'
Echinodorus 'Reni'
Echinodorus 'Rose'
Hygrophila 'Siamensis 53B'

Pictures of current set up and "Inspiration"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181203_094124.jpg (63.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20181203_090621.jpg (35.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg yt_23e.jpg (77.8 KB, 7 views)

Kojin's Keeper Since 08/11/2018
Ouro's Keeper Since 13/12/2018
Opal's Keeper Since 21/01/2019
Rose's Keeper Since 11/03/2019