Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - A College Student and Her Beloved Bettas
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Caelth

Here's one very belated update.

Both fish survived the long car ride back home for the holidays. I had the baby in a 10 gallon for a few weeks and Salem in his old 2.5 gallon where his tail began to regrow. I had a larger tank he could have used but he begins tail biting whenever the tank gets too large regardless of how "planted" or decorated the tank is.

Since returning, the baby has grown quickly and I estimate him to be around 16-17 weeks? I have decided on the name Fawkes for the little guy due to his very friendly personality. He has been blowing massive bubble nests that cover half of the surface and is quite the jumper when it comes to feeding time. He is the most interactive fish I've owned and he loves to chase my finger.

Salem has stopped biting his tail since returning to campus. His half of the tank is a bit fuller than I would have liked but he remains as active as ever. He especially enjoys resting on the purple silk plant and hides his bubble nest in the back of the tank, tethered by the green one.

Unfortunately, I am in the process of recycling this tank as power was shut down in my hall over break but so far the parameters seem normal and I brought my used filter media from home. Ideally, I would have waited a week before putting them back in their tank but I've been keeping a close eye on the water quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_80781.jpg (77.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_80771.jpg (66.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_80761.jpg (77.7 KB, 6 views)