Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Ben's new digs.
Thread: Ben's new digs.
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 AM
bluesamphire

My nerites seem to love the King Shrimp food I put in for the wood shrimp. They race the shrimp to the spot, and then clean up any leftovers. But I have no idea if apple snails would be the same. Are they purely vegetarian?

Tagawa only eats from the surface (he doesn't even catch sinking betta food) so he has never shown any interest in food on the substrate.
Kham on the other hand seems to prefer to eat sinking food or pick it up off the substrate. If I was putting shrimp food in his tank, I would have to hide it somewhere that only the snails and shrimp would find.
Aren't they odd in their little indeosyncracies?

70litre tank: mature setup; betta, purple rasboras, male guppies, amano and wood shrimp. Heavily planted.
22litre cube tank: (Tagawa); betta, yellow dwarf shrimp. Pond snails and 1 assassin. Heavily planted.
Midnight in the 57litre tank (Midnight) ember tetras, 1 amano, 1 ghost, 1 nerite, pond snails, 1 assassin, doing his thing. Heavily planted.
200litre tank; honey gourami, cherry barbs, green neons, otocinclus, nerites, pond snails, amano. Heavily planted.