Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - A College Student and Her Beloved Bettas
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Caelth

We're finally home for the summer! Both boys did well in the car with no noticeable tail biting. Since this is permanent for a few months and I have the space, both bettas have their own tanks. Salem is in the original 5.5 gallon and Fawkes in is his own 10 gallon grow out tank. Either today or tomorrow I'm going to have to go to my LPS to get some substrate, a hood, and some plants for Fawkes' tank. Thankfully, Fawkes is a really chill fish and is content enough to already have a large bubble nest right up against the front panel.

I'm debating whether or not to get Fawkes set up in a community tank. Next year I will have my own space and will be bringing the 5.5 and likely 10 gallon with me. I'm more concerned about winter break where the fish will have to come home with me. I'll likely buy another 5.5 and just divide that and put any extra community fish into Salem's old 2.5 gallon.

That is if I go through with it. I don't have space in my car to lug both tank sets ups back and forth at will.

Since the drive is so long and both were in a new environment, I was very concerned with Salem destroying his fins. However, since plopping him into his new tank all he has been doing is zipping around. (despite his usual lack of cover too!). It's not the most natural looking tank but I'm hoping to improve that since the frogbit has been surviving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (24.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender-1.jpg (24.9 KB, 3 views)