Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Scale Loss, and torn fins!

2K views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  midnight+thegirls 
G
#1 ·
Hello! I got this betta yesterday to add to my sorotiy tank. I floated her for about an hour and then released her, I did reorganize my tank so the other females would think its new territory.

She ate well for her first night and there was little to no fighting in the tank. All was well.

I woke up in the morning and did my morning routine t0 give the girls breakfast, I noticed that my new betta, Echo, has some scale loss on the side of her head and her fins were slightly torn. I removed her from the tank after they ate and took these pictures. Echo is still very active and curious, but i want to be sure.

Should I be worried? Is this normal? The Tank is 25 gallons and has plenty of hide spots!

#6 · (Edited)
Needs many times that amount of cover before adding any more females. The rule of thumb is you shouldn't be able to see any of the females at a glance. It is not hides so much a having few open areas which provide lines of sight or chase.

Here are some examples from various Internet sites. I believe one is mostly silk/plastic decor. Hope they help.

Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Aquarium lighting Aquatic plant

Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Nature Aquarium decor Plant

Nature Freshwater aquarium Vegetation Aquarium Aquatic plant

Almost forgot: Keep her separated and in clean warm water and she should be okay if the damage is only superficial. Good luck!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.