Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - The new Guy.
Thread: The new Guy.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Old Dog 59

Aquarium
The new Guy.

Yesterday I had to go out to get filter pads, so I took a ride to Pittsburgh to go to Petsmart there. While I was in Pittsburgh I stopped by a breeder friend of mine. (He is the one I bought Blue from a few months back.) I wanted to see what all he had to offer. (and I was looking to find a replacement for Blue who I lost at the beginning of the month.)

I was given a great welcome and pleas com in and take a look. My friend and I talked for a while and he ask me how Blue was doing. I felt bad about telling him that Blue had passed. The look on his face told me how sorry he was for the loss. As we talked I found a very pretty Delta tail. He was an iridescent blue green. I must say he did catch my eye and fancy. The last Delta tail I had was Harry who I lost to old age this past January. (Harry was 9 years old and gave me a lot of great memories.)

As we walked through all the tanks and jars I couldn't get that guy off my mind. I was in the shop for about 4 hours looking and talking and I finally ask my breeder to sell me that Delta tail. He said in no uncertain terms would he sell me that guy, and I said Oh he's going to a store account? He said No he's going home with You and I'm not going to sell him to you, but please accept him as a replacement for Blue. I was just simply taken a back by this and I accepted and said he would have a great home. My friend said he knows he will.

I thought the whole way home to think of a name for him, and I just can't find a good name. I introduced him to his new tank last night even though I haven't put any real plants in yet. I have some silk plants I keep jus in case. I turned off the light and left him swim. He found a hide right away in the leaves of the silk plant and the heater. He was still there this morning. He hasn't eaten yet but in the past few hours he has started to explore his new digs. He's camera shy so I haven't gotten any real good shots. the ones I do have make his color more green and depending on the way he turns there are times he looks blue, but the camera shots I got today all make him green. So here he is for now and more pictures later.

https://www.bettafish.com/attachment...1&d=1574342129

https://www.bettafish.com/attachment...1&d=1574342129
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1800.jpg (42.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1789.jpg (54.8 KB, 18 views)