Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Chronicles of Aqua Aurora's Multi Tank Syndrome
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2014, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Aqua Aurora

So it turns out the nertie snail that lives with Alastor currently.. is a girl! Nerite snail females lay small white eggs frequently (more like 'constantly' according to some owners), even without a male to fertilize them, however they will not hatch in fresh water (even if the boy is around). I believe they need strong brackish or even sea water quality salinity to be born.. I'm not aware of anyone (regular hobbiest) successfully hatching nerite snails in a home aquarium. Wonder if Alastor will eat the free snail-caviar as a snack.. many of them are hidden in odd spots I didn't think the big snail could wedge itself in between the driftwood and glass, and a few are under the moss on the wood. I'll try to get some photos of them tomorrow but they're rather small and hard to get a good focus on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgaliam View Post
Totally enjoying your journal :)
Glad to hear ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tress View Post
subscribing :)
Awesome^^

[Started updating my Journal again, view here]
Due to photobuckets bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my old photos helpful.