Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Learn How To Critique Your Betta's Form and Finnage Here
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
hrutan

Tail type past VT (1 division, 2-ray) is determined by caudal shape and spread rather than number of rays. I have seen an over-halfmoon with only 4 rays. I have seen a delta with 8. A good halfmoon has a caudal shaped like a capital D. Less than 180* spread is either a super delta (if it almost makes it but not quite) or a delta (not even close to 180). Those are not acceptable for show.

Rosetails have so much branching you simply cannot count it, and the edge of the caudal looks like rose petals from the excess branching. Feather tails are so extreme that their caudal looks like bird feathers. The branching changes configuration to come directly from the rays.

I exist to compile, assimilate, categorize, and disseminate information. The day I stop learning is the day I stop breathing.
Visit my Inaccurately Named Journal. And of course I have a Spawn Log. Golden State Bettas president, and proud IBC member!