Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Learn How To Critique Your Betta's Form and Finnage Here
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 10:04 PM
DangerousAngel

Aquarium
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrutan View Post
Fish #2, Traditional Plakat form

Pose with ruler or state size for evaluation of the giant. There are specific body mass and length requirements. "King" is just a trade name for giant geno, sometimes they do reach full giant size.

Dorsal's not bad. I would like to see it either a little more rounded, or a little more pointed. It seems more tall than round.

I like the caudal. 4-ray, which is the maximum allowable for traditional plakat. Excellent shape and spread.

Anal needs work. You want a really strict trapezoid shape, narrower at the front and broader at the back, with a SHARP point that extends at the bottom end of the anal. That point should come roughly even to the ventrals.

Vents look good, I don't see any splitting and the length looks right.

This fish is quite stout, and I like his top line. While the anal rules out showing to me, I'd pair him with a female with a bit of a longer body, and a better anal. Try to fix those flaws to show in the next generation.
Wow! Thank you so much! I knew he was pretty close to show quality! His body is a good 2.5 inches, I'll remeasure just to double check.
Is there anything that I could do to fix the anal?
Maybe sometime in the future I'll breed him. Could you provide pictures of a female as an example for what to look for if I breed?

My Current Boys: Ike, Ra, Ralphie
In Loving Memory Of: Dangerous (my baby), Chili, Oscar, Eclipse, Kip, Storm, Chloe, Snowy, Onyx, Speckles, Jasper, Oliver, Buttons, Stella, Xena, Zanzibar, Kai, Loki, Merlin, Jedi, Mullen Topaz, Ollie, Amethyst, Jericho, Igneel, Lil' Specks, Prince Onyx II, Caspian, Louie, Napoleon, Jinx, Jeremiah, Kronos, Nash,
Tadashi, Nova