Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - The J Journals
Thread: The J Journals
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
themamaj

Maxing out-
The betta hobby is definitely addictive. I heard someone say on the forum once that they are like potato chips because you can't have just one. From plakats to veil tails, double tails, half moons, crowntails, dumbo, dragons and everything in between there is no more beautiful fish, in my opinion, than a betta. They can be pouty, grumpy, stubborn, curious and just so darn cute!

Petco had now become a frequent favorite pet store to visit. One day when browsing I ran across a very interesting halfmoon double tail. I wasn't sure if he was considered a mustard gas or a chocolate betta. When I see really interesting fish I take pictures of them so I can "try" not to make a spontaneous purchase and to study them further. With some great input from forum I found out he probably was a chocolate betta. Apparently some chocolate bettas can have a dark blue cast to the body but he did have the typical coloration of the chocolate fins. A double tail was a new one for my collection so Max came home. I named him Maximus Prime for my grandson but also Max because beginning to maximize my table space for fish. He was very pale when I first got him with some tail rot. Fortunately experience with Crimson gave me confidence to jump right in and begin treating him as well. Here are some pictures of Max before and after. He is quite the character. Had a meltdown over a themometer when first added. Loves new decor and is the king of biters around here. Of course I guess if I was chocolate I might want bite too??? Goofy boy. He lets his tail start growing out then chomp off again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150618_133353-1.jpg (24.0 KB, 372 views)
File Type: jpg 20150618_163711-1.jpg (24.0 KB, 369 views)
File Type: jpg 20150619_162015-1.jpg (28.1 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg 20150630_200159.jpg (24.9 KB, 364 views)

Every fish deserves a Chance
https://youtu.be/RM1-gahMJO4
Join us on the J Journals: https://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=613402