Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - The J Journals
Thread: The J Journals
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
themamaj

Talking

Blizzard in June-

Each anniversary is supposed to have a special symbol. The 25th silver and the 50th gold for example. Well as one who has never quite fit the mold on women I didn't want gold or jewelry just another betta fish. Lol now what hubby gets off that easy?
So in our books the 29th anniversary is the year of the fish
So being the great hubby he is, off to the pet store we go. Now what is it about intentionally looking for a fish makes it hard to find a fish? The first store we went to was betta heaven. They have fish in racks in several places in the store. I just go in there and stand admiring all the beautiful fish. While they had a number of beautiful fish I didn't have that connection. I did see a beautiful multi delta tail I was thinking hard about but said let's go to one more store to look. There he was. This beautiful white delta tail had been at this store since I got Crimson. I couldn't believe he was still there. I had even looked at him before when deciding on Crimson but at that time I was looking specifically for a red fish. A white fish like snow would be perfect as my gift. You see snow is extra special around here. 17 years ago my son, Nathan, was born stillborn. I have had many many pregnancy issues and after having one biological son, who was a complete miracle, I had 6 miscarriages. I have always had a heart for children and my husband and I wanted more children to raise. God had led us down a path of adoption a few years before. We were so blessed to add another son into our lives! To our surprise a few years late I found out I was expecting. A long story short, many shots, high risk doctors and many prayers I was able to finally carry a baby. We found out about 16 weeks that our son had a very rare genetic disease which was a form of dwarfism and brittle bones. It was a definite death sentence. I am an advocate of life and I have always known that God is the ultimate healer. I knew if it was His will He was more than capable of allowing Nathan to beat the odds and come home but if His will was different I would continue on and allow God to be in control. At 28 weeks, Nathan went home to be with the Lord those many years ago. When I was pregnant with him I bought him a xmas ornament as I have done with all my kids. It was a snowman. It became his symbol. Was loosing a child hard? YES! but I will tell you without a shadow of a doubt God is Faithful! He has carried me and never been closer to me than during those difficult days. And now when I see a snowman...i smile :) And because God is so gracious, He blessed us again through adoption of a precious little girl from Russia. Now our family was complete 2 boys and a girl. Hmm the fish family there is always room for 1 more! Meet Blizzard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150622_214106-1.jpg (23.0 KB, 351 views)
File Type: jpg 20150622_220805.jpg (21.9 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg 20150705_174457-1.jpg (26.3 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg 20150721_234837-1.jpg (26.0 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg 20150722_000044.jpg (24.5 KB, 341 views)

Every fish deserves a Chance
https://youtu.be/RM1-gahMJO4
Join us on the J Journals: https://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=613402