Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - The J Journals
Thread: The J Journals
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
themamaj

Millie Grace

Well the poor old Honda is starting to get some miles on it now with frequent trips across town to check out latest fish shipment and always to be on the look out for a special fish in need or one that I think might be passed up due to a fin issue. That particular day I was making my rounds. Isaac had done so well as a Petco baby I was starting to miss that baby stage again. The cute little faces you see with curiousity as they zip through the tank exploring. I ran across another pretty little baby fish that was a beautiful turqoise blue. Marked "boy" so I thought ok great no more suprises with girls. You would think by now I would be clued into looking for ovaries but still hard to see on dark fish. I decided to name him Miles. My grandson was big on Miles from Tomorrowland a new Disney show at the time. Not to mention I had put in many "miles" on fish expeditions. Miles was special in that he had a fin deformity on his caudal. I wasn't sure at first if it was a bite but it has turned out to be a deformity. Guess what else he turned out to be...A GIRL! As maturity hit that wonderful ovaposter became oh so more prominet and the fins remainded small. So Miles was renamed Millie. We have a precious little girl in our program at school with that name and always have thought it was so cute. So Millie Grace it is! It means gentle strength. Another fun fact: she was my 10th fish. The dime was a great reminder of that and to show how little she was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150630_125731.jpg (18.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 20151009_113732-1.jpg (26.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg 20151009_112950-1.jpg (24.6 KB, 114 views)

Every fish deserves a Chance
https://youtu.be/RM1-gahMJO4
Join us on the J Journals: https://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=613402