Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - Marble Koi HM Project : Multicolor-Black,Red,Blue HM Male X Marble Koi Female
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
liamthen

Marble Koi HM Project : Multicolor-Black,Red,Blue HM Male X Marble Koi Female

male is a HM with very large and long caudal, basically he's good HM, he got very long outer ray caudal that makes a sharp edge of it, only minus he has is his webbing, so his caudal looks bit frilly, i got him from pet shop.

Female is the Koi female i bought last time,and already spawned one time to solid red male,spawn log also in this forum , the koi female spawn x solid red male, yield some male with extra long anal, this lead me to an idea if the female would carry a HM gene, and if i cross her to the HM male, i perhaps would get decent result. I love the HM male color structure , he's dominantly have black body , black,blue and red bleed on fins, which i think would be a good combo for this Koi HM line i want to try to create.

not expecting too much on this spawn, as i think will need to wait until F2 to get decent result .

they are put together today in small plastic bucket serve as spawning tank, no plants, only use half IAL leaves inside, i do hope they spawn and not fighting inside lol, since both are experienced pair , i think they will spawn soon, i only hope they get along well, since both male and female got a quite of temper ,especially the female ( she has a big flare like a male betta )

here are male and female pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HM-MaleF0.jpg (39.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg HM-MaleF0a.jpg (66.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg HM-MaleF0b.jpg (48.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg HM-MaleF0d.jpg (35.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg FMKOI.jpg (24.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg koiF.jpg (45.6 KB, 46 views)