Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care - View Single Post - What a Mess! But finally added the girls.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Vegas

Aquarium
What a Mess! But finally added the girls.

After building this dang makeshift tank for way too long, I've finally added Comet and Io into their new home.
Long story short, I wasn't expecting to live where I am now for too long- but a little over a year was a lot longer than expected, and with such limited space (I basically live in a closet), wasn't great news for my comet goldfish.

Scooped up and taken home from a 'feeder tank', they'd grown from 1in. to now 4+! After I measured them and found out that they were too big for their 20 gallon, I felt bad every time I spent time with them, knowing that they were at that point where their growth could be stunted.

So... I decided enough was enough! I went out and made a little make shift temporary tank until move out day- which could end up being until next spring.

Not gonna lie... this was a miserable experience. Especially without a valve. Manually filling and emptying a 50 gallon tank 3 or 4 times is not fun. There was a lot of figuring out what could keep the plastic bin from bowing, etc. (for awhile it kept bowing and looked like a bean. It was terrible.) My back hurt. I was tired. And hungry, (hadn't eaten all day). And the cat was mad at me since I had to keep her in her crate for half the day, keeping her out of harms way (saws were involved). There was PVC dust everywhere.

But alas, Comet and Io have finally been added, and now when I pass the new tank, I feel so happy for them!
In the end, it was worth it.
(They look so tiny in their new 50 gallon! Also please don't judge the ugly cave. It's Comet's favorite thing and I can't get myself to throw it out despite hating it.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCKgQL1UwAAlw3d.jpg (44.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DCKWacFUIAAaqFY.jpg (38.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DCKZvUyUMAE_E1g.jpg (40.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DCKgQLxU0AAcntp.jpg (36.1 KB, 18 views)

I love my fish family!

https://pacificautumn.com/