AB boy coming..questions! :D
Eeee! Im so excited, Im getting my first AB boy! :D Hes something of a late Valentine's day gift. I have some questions, though!
Btw- here he is! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...tasd1298185723
1.What is his tail type? Hes listed under deltas/super deltas, but I dont know which he is- Ive never really looked into them before :3 (But couldnt resist his cute face :B)
2. Does anyone like the name Basch? (Bah-sch), like Basch fon Ronsenberg from FFXII? XD Im thinking about it, its my favvy game :3
3. More serious questions... Hes coming from Louisianna to me in Oswego, NY with a 72hr heat pack, but the seller never said what the shipping *is*, only its price. He has a live arrival quarentee, but still. Is he gonna be okies? D:
4. When I get him, what should I do first, aside from getting him out of the box? I was thinking that I should (assuming he's in a bag), put him in my qt tank (1.5gal) with the water from his bag and keep him in a darker place to relax and keep him warm. Yes? Sadly I might have to run to class not long after I get him but wanna make sure he'll be okay in my absence.
After that, how long should I acclimate him for? Maybe take the old water and add some new water in over time, like every few hours, until Ive done a biggish change?
5. I DONT have a heater atm to put in the QT tank, the girl I gave mAcceroni to refuses to get one of her own and has essentially stolen the partially working one I had :/ I cant take it, because then maccies will not have one >:/ Alle's heater in the 5 gal can go in there, so I was thinking maybe while Alle's tank is at 82 (when I usually shut it off and allow it to gradually cool down to 80 or so over a few hours), that I could put it in the new fish's tank to keep him warm and bop around. If I do this, how do I go about cleaning it off while putting it back into Alle's tank? I have no bleach and no vinegar...is hot hot water ok?
6. How long should I QT him? I really cant do it long sans the heater (Im so mad at her, Im about to scream at herrrrrr), but probably can comfortably for both of us for a little while. While I do QT the new boy, should I add some AQ salt? He will be given regular, frequent water changes, too.
7. He will be living in a divided 5gal, cycled tank with Alle, so should I add a bit of that tank water in? Just to get him used to it?
8. When he gets here, should I feed him after he's in his tank? I have pellets, freeze dried bloodworms and betta flakes, if I should, which should I do? Im temped to give the worm as a WELCOME HOME I LUH YOU!!! Treat XD <3
General tank stats...
5 gallon will be divided, cycled, usually around 80-82', his brother Alle and a snail (probably will live with Alle), heavily planted with floating plants as well as fake, possibly with a terracotta pot if he likes it.
The QT is 1.5 gallons, unfiltered, will be bare bottom (for waterchanges), many hidey spots, some fake plants, like floating and fake floating. Temp TBA :c
Sorry it was so long but thannnkkk yyyouuuuu!!! .>.<. Im so excited for my boy! (And I think his name WILL be Basch, lol!!!)
I never heard of that game, but I do like the name Basch :)
Same with me, never heard of the game..but love the name..reminded me of Jean-Sebastien Bach the composer..sorry art history is coming back up to the surface *lol*
Ok, let's see if I can answer these-
1. He's a delta. his tail doesn't spread far enough for a super delta.
2. I like the name. I actually though of Hieronymus Bosch, the painter. lol. Art history for me as well.
3. He should be ok. Hopefully the seller is sending priority shipping. How expensive was the shipping? It's about $35 for priority and $15 for express. Priority takes 1 day and express takes (i think) 3 days. Either way, he SHOULD be fine, although I'd be a bit more nervous with express.
4. When I got my import, he couldn't get to his tank for a day. (I had him sent home and had to bring him to my apartment. All I did was open the bag for him to be able to breathe and keep him in a warm darkish place. He should be fine like that. For acclimating, I did mine over a day. I poured the water and the fish into a cup (it's easier) and floated that until the temp was the same. Then about every hour I'd dump some water out and add some from the tank. I only did a little at a time.
5. Your heat pack should still have heat left. If you keep him in the bag until you are able to get him into the tank, just keep the heat pack close. If you do use the heater like you said, I wouldn't use hot hot water to clean it. I could be wrong (and have no certain knowledge to back this up) but, I feel like extremely hot water could break it. It has a thermometer in it, and I know those can break if the temp goes much higher than they can read. To be safe, I wouldn't do that. Idk how else to clean it but just scrubbing.
6. I'm not sure of the QT time, but I would for about a week or so. You could always use a cup/small container and float it in the tank. That way he's warm but not sharing the same tank. I did add a bit of AQ salt the first week or 2. Just because it can help a bit so he doesn't get sick if he's stressed from shipping.
7. Yes. I would acclimate him in clean water when you get him and the acclimate him in that tank water before you let him out.
8. As tempted as you are to give a worm first, I would give him a pellet since that is his staple diet. If you spoil him too soon, he may not want to eat pellets for a while. But that's up to you. My boy ate the first meal after he was in his tank. Others don't. Offer him something (I wouldn't right away), but make sure to take it out if he doesn't eat it.
Good luck with your new boy!
Final Fantasy XII. <3 i adore the name, of course. xD *HUGE FF fan. hence Weiss, Zidane, Lulu, Freya....*
OMG! That fish looks so much like Bettaluver4evr 's fish!
lol, he does!
I remember how excited I was with my first AB child... of course,it's been a few since :D
It's so exciting to open that box and meet your little one in person.
Have fun! I tend to sit for hours admiring my fish when I get them.
Post a pic once he's settled, would love to see him!
I will, prepare for some serious picspam. The seller contacted my boyfriend and said he'll be shipped tomorrow, getting here the latest on Friday.
Im sooo eesssiiittteeeeddd aaghhh! My little Basch! :,<
And LOLOL Luimeril, I did notice that ;p
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.