Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Betta Fish Contests (https://www.bettafish.com/119-betta-fish-contests/)
-   -   Contest: Name The Betta (https://www.bettafish.com/119-betta-fish-contests/665810-contest-name-betta.html)

Olivia27 03-03-2016 09:07 PM

Contest: Name The Betta

3 Attachment(s)
** this contest is not supported by bettafish.com and no forum staff are involved in any way. Permission to start this contest was given by a TFK Moderator **

Hi, everyone! I just received a beautiful copper BF RT boy this morning from sunny Indonesia. He is lively, greedy, adorable, and nameless. So! I decided to start a naming contest! Yaay! The chosen submission will win one ZooMed floating Betta log .

Shipping's on me ;-)

Rules:
1) Submission accepted starting from right now until 11:59 AM on Sunday, March 6th Eastern Standard Time. Any submission posted late will be disregarded. One person can submit a maximum of two names. I have preference towards names with a meaning, so Google away!
2) Winner will be announced before noon on Monday, March 7th Eastern Standard Time here in this thread and also via PM to the winner. I need your address to know where to ship the Betta log, so please reply with all the correct information. Now here's the kicker: Canada and UK members welcome. BUT! It will probably take a good three weeks or more if you're not in The US. Those of you within the country, expect to receive the item between 2-6 days after shipment. Those of you outside Canada, US and UK... I'm so sorry. The globe is too big :-( to be fair though I do not ship to my home country either so there's that
3) The winning submission will be selected by me. I may put several names I like in a hat, close my eyes and pick out one when it comes down to it, but mostly it's a subjective judging format
4) Make sure your submissions abide by the forum rules. Any rude or inappropriate names will be reported.

Finally, here is the boy in question. Just to make things clear he's not one of my permanents. He's a bought-to-sell and is currently available :) have fun!

pugpower08 03-03-2016 09:49 PM

Ok so i'm not the best at meaningful names. lol i'm more for cute names, but I tried so here's my names with an explanation as to why I picked them.
Gandolf
Triton
I picked Gandolf because he seems very wise and his coloring even resembles that of Gandolf's cloak.

I picked Triton because number one he was a merman and number two he was god of the sea. This Betta also looks very powerful which is why the name suits him. The Betta's gold coloring on his tail also resemble a triton. So there's multiple reasons for this name lol.

Hope this helped :)

themamaj 03-03-2016 10:37 PM

How about Spruce? Colors remind me of an evergreen tree with new fallen snow. On the same tree theme as Willow ;)

Betta Aster 03-03-2016 11:36 PM

I think that he should be named Rebel, Eiko (ee-co) , spade, feather or dapple

trahana 03-04-2016 12:30 AM

Sylvester - like the cartoon cat.

Jacqueline7suzanne 03-04-2016 01:22 AM

Wolf and Leonardo

Jacqueline7suzanne 03-04-2016 01:24 AM

He is grey, kinda of smokey tones right? With a little white and beige? I like ember and Gotham also. Sorry I know you said two only.

kedi 03-04-2016 01:29 AM

Blizzard. White snow from the grey clouds.

If I win, donate the prize or value to something, someone worthwhile.

Netti 03-04-2016 07:41 AM

Anaru (man, warrior)
a form of Andrew

Milo (soldier)
a form of Myles or Miles

Witchipoo 03-04-2016 07:56 AM

Agamemnon, king of the greeks.
Paris, the most beautiful trojan, whom Helen ran away to be with which caused the trojan war.