Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Journals (https://www.bettafish.com/144-journals/)
-   -   The Viridescent Endeavor (https://www.bettafish.com/144-journals/712082-viridescent-endeavor.html)

BlueInkFish 09-24-2016 02:15 PM

The Viridescent Endeavor

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, welcome to my journal, dedicated to the development of my 10 gallon (soon to be planted) aquarium. The aquarium will be a home for one Betta (bred by me) with tank mates I still have yet to decide. The two Endlers in there were from awhile ago, and I had no where to place them, they will be leaving this tank.

Tank: Standard 10 gallon
Heater: Fluval M Heater
Filter: HOB Aqueon 20 (I've baffled the filter with aquarium floss)
Lighting: Finnex Stingray 20 Inch
Substrate: Mix of Aqua Soil and Flourite
Decor: Driftwood
Plants: Java Fern, Anubias (unsure which type, but I think the small one is Anunias Nana?)

I've redone the plants on the two pieces of wood, and trimmed their roots. I will be posting more later, stay tuned, and thank you for joining me!

BlueInkFish 09-27-2016 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The tank isn't cloudy anymore. Not much has been changed besides rearrangement of the plants on the wood. I still have to find the intake tube for that filter though! Ugh! Does anyone have any suggestions that you've used? Thanks!

A local aquarium club (Sacramento Aquarium Society) is hosting a auction. I will be attending it to (hopefully) buy some more plants and maybe even some fish! If you are in the area please feel free to join me! Non-members are able to participate in bidding! Let me know if you would like more information about it. :-)

ThatFishThough 09-27-2016 08:26 PM

*dies* It sucks to live so far out in the middle of nowhere. Loving the tank!

BlueInkFish 10-03-2016 02:42 AM

The auction didn't turn out to well. Not as many plants as I thought there would be this time... I left with nothing, oh well.

I did just buy one bunch of Rotala at a new pet store, maybe my most favorite one in town so far :-)... Unsure of which species the Rotala I purchase is, maybe Rotundifolia? I'll post pictures tomorrow.

The new fish stores new shipment of fish and plants comes in Wednesday afternoon I believe, and they will be carrying my favorite aquatic plant! Staurogyne Repens!!! I've personally never had the plant but I've finally gotten a proper lighting system and I'm totally ready for this plant! I've always dreamed of having and I just love the look of it!

BlueInkFish 10-03-2016 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo of the tank now! I'll have to trim the Rotala since it was originally so long :surprise:

BlueInkFish 10-03-2016 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look who built a bubblenest! I destroyed his other one last night when I was planting the Rotala...lol. It's tiny, but cute.

BlueInkFish 10-07-2016 07:38 PM

Ugh! Algae! My light is on to long, or the sun coming from the window is just shining into my room... I'll have to deal with it. I need to re-trim my Rotala only because I didn't correctly trim enough. Lol! I'll be posting pictures later today after the water change.

BlueInkFish 10-09-2016 11:02 PM

I just did a water change yesterday and destroyed his bubblenest... And he built another one! Again! Lol! This little guy is silly! To bad I unfortunately haven't seen him in the process of making one! Anyways, here is his 3rd one in one week? Lol.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...srljamoyx.jpeg

The water in this tank evaporates quickly :serious: pretty annoying... But here is an update photo as promised:

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...subcfhmy4.jpeg

Also, I think I may just update more about ALL my tanks and not just this one. Maybe I'll focus on this tank specifically(?) I don't know. But I just got a 29 gallon Bow Front for free and a 5 Gallon for free as well! I have a 40 breeder lying around as well... I want so bad to set them up but I have no room!!!

BlueInkFish 10-17-2016 02:00 AM

Just purchased Mayaca Fluviatilis the other day. It looks great. I have to seperate it among the whole tank though. Maybe I'll take out the driftwood pieces too(?) what do you think? It just looks way to big.

Also, I knew this would happen! I'd slack on updates! Ugh. Okay, I promise I will return with photos tomorrow of the tank and how it's going.

Fenghuang 10-17-2016 04:41 AM

Omg I laughed way too hard at your post about the algae. I just did the exact same thing in my journal update...

Also how did I miss this journal springing up?

Love how your 10 gallon is looking at moment. I fail at actually planning planted tanks. I just end up plopping the plants wherever and hoping for the best and that they grow and stuff lol. Blue boy is a pretty boy.