Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Betta Chat (https://www.bettafish.com/129-betta-chat/)
-   -   Christmas with your Betta fish (https://www.bettafish.com/129-betta-chat/716290-christmas-your-betta-fish.html)

BubbleTeaSonnet 11-04-2016 01:32 PM

Christmas with your Betta fish

Christmas with your Betta Fish

So, the Christmas season is coming up fast and I'm wondering how you spend it with your Betta fish. Do you have any special Christmas traditions with your underwater friends? Or do you have any great gift ideas in mind for your Betta? Or maybe you decorate your tank/bowl for winter?

For my Betta, I'm thinking a stocking, lights, presents...not sure what to get him for presents, yet!

RMKelly 11-04-2016 08:29 PM

I'm not really big on Christmas, but a few stores in my area have Christmas ornaments for aquariums like pine trees with presents, Santa's sleigh and whatnot.

themamaj 11-04-2016 10:47 PM

Yes each of my bettas have little felt stockings with a snowflake on it that stick on their tank. I have put little trees and garland around tank or hang small xmas ball on lid so they can swim by and see it. Sounds crazy but they notice!! I also have a few fun tank decors like igloo. I love to play them Christmas music as I do tank maintenance. I think we all enjoy it :) Everyone gets a special meal too. Have fun, pamper them and enjoy the holidays! A new plant or a tank upgrade are good presents too.

BubbleTeaSonnet 11-05-2016 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themamaj (Post 7654050)
Yes each of my bettas have little felt stockings with a snowflake on it that stick on their tank. I have put little trees and garland around tank or hang small xmas ball on lid so they can swim by and see it. Sounds crazy but they notice!! I also have a few fun tank decors like igloo. I love to play them Christmas music as I do tank maintenance. I think we all enjoy it :) Everyone gets a special meal too. Have fun, pamper them and enjoy the holidays! A new plant or a tank upgrade are good presents too.

Oh, that sounds so cute!! And playing them Christmas music - that's brilliant. I should do that! I'm thinking of getting my Betta a leaf hammock for Christmas, I think he'd really enjoy it. :)

DangerousAngel 11-05-2016 12:04 PM

Oh yes, I have little stockings for them all with their names written on them, I hang them on the stand by their tanks! I'll put small things in it and open it for them on Christmas day, Last year was some bloodworms and pellets. They'll also get a special breakfast. I also try and buy them some new decor. I'm thinking this year I want to try some Christmas themed things in their tanks

Aqua Aurora 11-05-2016 05:19 PM

I love how the Christmas marketing /sales takes over before Halloween has even happened now.. use to be when I was a kid you barely saw anything to do with the holiday until maybe a week before thanksgiving.
I don't' do anything special aside from a meaty meal (blood worms) for the holiday (even if its off schedule), though I've noticed the bettas in the living room where the Christmas tree goes up to take an interest in its lights and will watch it from their tanks. I'd consider using garland around the tanks but we typically staple it to certain areas, and the tanks are on nicer wood I'd like to not ruin with holes.

kanped 11-05-2016 07:49 PM

This will be my first Christmas with fish so... dunno. Bloodworms, I suspect.

KodaPlusMore 11-05-2016 10:37 PM

Ooh, all of you guys are giving me ideas! Most Christmas's, I'm actually gifted bettas, so I don't know about this year! My parents most definetly will not be getting me another betta XD

themamaj 11-05-2016 10:48 PM

Now that would be great gift! Tell my family that idea ;)

Gariana 11-06-2016 02:20 AM

Ossu got his Christmas gift a little early (upgrade from 8g to 12g) :)

As for decorating, I think I'm going to try home made fake frost on one of the tanks and see how it looks. I got the idea from goldfish keeper Solid Gold on Youtube - https://youtu.be/ChcBNdJ3PZw Seems easy enough to do. Her other Christmas tank decorating ideas are also fun.