Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Betta Fish Contests (https://www.bettafish.com/119-betta-fish-contests/)
-   -   Question about the betta contest on this site (https://www.bettafish.com/119-betta-fish-contests/736434-question-about-betta-contest-site.html)

Phoenix777 05-31-2017 07:17 PM

Question about the betta contest on this site

According to this forum, the entries for June will begin tomorrow. Two quick questions... 1) how do I enter? 2) how do I view the winner for May?

RussellTheShihTzu 05-31-2017 08:57 PM

The contest is not longer going on.

Phoenix777 05-31-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu (Post 7839858)
The contest is not longer going on.

So this month (May) was the last month for it? What happened?

moodynarwhal 06-01-2017 03:58 AM

It hasn't been working for months now. As far as I know there was no may contest.

RussellTheShihTzu 06-01-2017 06:28 AM

Please link; I can't find the thread.

Phoenix777 06-01-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodynarwhal (Post 7840058)
It hasn't been working for months now. As far as I know there was no may contest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu (Post 7840082)
Please link; I can't find the thread.

Looks like it's been removed now. There was a May contest. I voted. And it said the entries for June would begin June 1st.

RussellTheShihTzu 06-01-2017 07:49 AM

It wasn't this forum. We haven't run the contest since last July or August. I was in charge and it became too much work the way it had to be done. Check other forums where you go.

Phoenix777 06-01-2017 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu (Post 7840122)
It wasn't this forum. We haven't run the contest since last July or August. I was in charge and it became too much work the way it had to be done. Check other forums where you go.

It was definitely here. I don't go to any other betta forums.

Maybe it was May/June 2016 and I didn't notice the year. lol

RussellTheShihTzu 06-01-2017 09:45 AM

If you are speaking of the Forum-sponsored photo contest I can assure you there hasn't been one since last year nor have any been removed. And only Moderators can remove threads, posts, contests, etc. Even at that, they are sent to a Moderator section titled "Removed Topics;" not permanently deleted. Nothing is permanently deleted. And removing a Forum-sponsored contest would involve notifying the other Moderators and the Administrator.

If you are speaking of a member-sponsored contest it would still take a Moderator to send it to Removed Topics.

RTST
TFK/BF Moderator

Phoenix777 06-01-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu (Post 7840170)
If you are speaking of the Forum-sponsored photo contest I can assure you there hasn't been one since last year nor have any been removed. And only Moderators can remove threads, posts, contests, etc. Even at that, they are sent to a Moderator section titled "Removed Topics;" not permanently deleted. Nothing is permanently deleted. And removing a Forum-sponsored contest would involve notifying the other Moderators and the Administrator.

If you are speaking of a member-sponsored contest it would still take a Moderator to send it to Removed Topics.

RTST
TFK/BF Moderator

It's still there. I see it now. As I thought, it was from May/June - but in 2016. I didn't notice the year at first when I clicked to vote. Guess my vote didn't count. lol