Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   The Lounge (https://www.bettafish.com/130-lounge/)
-   -   would you prefer a veil tail? (https://www.bettafish.com/130-lounge/753057-would-you-prefer-veil-tail.html)

LoneWolf 12-20-2017 06:21 PM

would you prefer a veil tail?

the market is full of halfmoons and dumbos and plakats in various shades and colors. these bettas tend to be more dramatic in their looks when compared to the humble veiltail. consider this as a short survey, but be brutally honest when answering.
you go into a store. you see halfmoons, koi, etc etc and then u see a veiltail. would u prefer buying the dramatic varieties or the simple veiltail?

LittleBettaFish 12-20-2017 06:35 PM

It would depend on the form and colour of the VT. I will always go for a short-finned plakat over the long-finned varieties due to personal preference, but I would most likely go for a VT over the remaining tail types.

However, the form of the VT must be good, and the colour must be something other than the standard red or blue. For a pet fish, I will say I'm more likely to forgive faults in form if the colour of the fish is something that I like.

There is a business here in Australia that has imported some stunning VTs over the years.

ryry2012 12-20-2017 06:38 PM

You are missing Crown Tail...!

I like HMPK (halfmonn plakat). They are more active and I don't have to worry about fin biting.

RickyTan 12-20-2017 08:51 PM

I like HMs if their caudal is full, followed by HMPK, nothing more graceful than a HM slowly gliding through the water, and when they flare, They are Magnificent, nothing like a mature fully finned HM.

thekinetic 12-21-2017 07:11 PM

I love them all but veiltails have always been my favorite, I just love their droopy fins. So cute! <3

firewood04 12-22-2017 12:58 AM

Do I have to choose? I love them all but lately I am attracted to the smaller fins that do not weigh them down. Any Betta is my love!

trahana 12-22-2017 12:21 PM

I have a single veilttail, because I raised it from a petco baby betta. He is PURPLE, so I love him. A nice purple is hard to find, because its red with an overcast of blue, which you can't see unless he holds still and you look up close.

I prefer beautiful colors regardless of tail type, but I'm less likely to buy a veiltail colorful or not.
I also have a HM plakat, crowntail, delta tail, and three females(two crowntails, one ...delta tail?). I like plakats, halfmoons, and deltas. My mom Loves crowntails.

moodynarwhal 12-22-2017 01:54 PM

My favorite is crowntail, I'd really like to get a CTPK at some point, but I've never seen one for sale. I also really like PK with stunning colors, although I have one that's all black :)

ThatFishThough 12-22-2017 02:09 PM

I'll take any tail type as long as it's uniquely colored. As LBF said, I'm less likely to go for long finned fish and snatch the PKs, but if I do want a longfinned I'll look at VTs first. Unfortunately our PetCo only gets the reds & blues (With the occasional Cellophane... my Chocolate Orange girl was a lucky find) so I don't often buy them on my own accord. I've rescued two of my current VTs and bought two.

Bettataille 01-06-2018 10:44 PM

Halfmoon

I prefer Halfmoon, and second choice HMPK. I had a few VT that were plain solid color but now I am looking for that one.... Halfmoon. VT was okay, but I want something different as my next betta, looking for some fancy fins and colours and the HM is beautiful.