Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Betta Chat (https://www.bettafish.com/129-betta-chat/)
-   -   Betta get help (https://www.bettafish.com/129-betta-chat/769586-betta-get-help.html)

Bettarun 03-20-2019 08:51 PM

Betta get help

So I bout a rose petal male from petco (We all hate them as far as I know) and it was the only one there. Unfortunately my little friend is basically a vegetable, he has severe scoliosis and will not eat, or poop, or anything besides come up for air. Itís been almost a week and if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I know it may be a lost cause but Iíve grown attached to my floppy crooked fishy and I really donít want him to die.

Bettarun 03-20-2019 08:52 PM

Meant to say bought

RussellTheShihTzu 03-20-2019 09:17 PM

Pictures of your boy would be of great help.

How is his swimming? Is he fairly active? What are you feeding? Sometimes fish do not realize what we offer is food if it is something other than what they've been fed. It takes a while for them to figure it out. I'm not one for giving in, but if he is already physically compromised you might 1) try frozen bloodworms and Brine shrimp; or, 2) ask what the store was feeding.

And I mean frozen; not freeze dried. To feed, scrape off a bit, let thaw and then offer using blunt tweezers or an eye dropper.

Let us know what else you need.

And....Welcome to the Forum!

Bettarun 03-25-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu (Post 1852508822)
Pictures of your boy would be of great help.

How is his swimming? Is he fairly active? What are you feeding? Sometimes fish do not realize what we offer is food if it is something other than what they've been fed. It takes a while for them to figure it out. I'm not one for giving in, but if he is already physically compromised you might 1) try frozen bloodworms and Brine shrimp; or, 2) ask what the store was feeding.

And I mean frozen; not freeze dried. To feed, scrape off a bit, let thaw and then offer using blunt tweezers or an eye dropper.

Let us know what else you need.

And....Welcome to the Forum!

Well he doesnít swim at all he just lays at the bottom, and I canít put him in an aquarium because he doesnít seem to have enough strength to swim in flowing water and Iíve tried live brine shrimp but not blood worms.( I actually feed the rest of my bettas live meal worms hatchlings are super duper small and the bettas love them) he can only swim with his front fins but doesnít and mainly lays on his side :/ thank you for the advice Iíll ask the store about itís diet

Ratvan 03-26-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bettarun (Post 1852509114)
Well he doesnít swim at all he just lays at the bottom, and I canít put him in an aquarium because he doesnít seem to have enough strength to swim in flowing water and Iíve tried live brine shrimp but not blood worms.( I actually feed the rest of my bettas live meal worms hatchlings are super duper small and the bettas love them) he can only swim with his front fins but doesnít and mainly lays on his side :/ thank you for the advice Iíll ask the store about itís diet

So where is he at the minute?