Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care

Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care (https://www.bettafish.com/forum.php)
-   Bettafish.com Tech Support and Feedback (https://www.bettafish.com/1394-bettafish-com-tech-support-feedback/)
-   -   What is with the “adds” on this site recently? (https://www.bettafish.com/1394-bettafish-com-tech-support-feedback/771036-what-%93adds%94-site-recently.html)

FireBornDragon 09-09-2019 12:50 PM

What is with the “adds” on this site recently?

I keep getting pop up adds that redirect to fake vpn sights claiming I have multiple viruses (on my virtual machine) and links to click on to “repair” or “fix” my device that are likely full of actual viruses. These kinds of adverts should NOT be allowed here.

Rainbo 09-09-2019 06:44 PM

I've posted a note to BF's admins. If anyone else is having an issue please post here to let us know.

anfarlamb 09-09-2019 07:04 PM

The same thing is happening to me. It doesn't happen on my computer at all, only my phone/mobile devices, which I find strange.

FireBornDragon 09-09-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anfarlamb (Post 1852520292)
The same thing is happening to me. It doesn't happen on my computer at all, only my phone/mobile devices, which I find strange.

Good to know. I’ll try it on my computer without running the virtual machine to see if it still triggers.

Admin_Yungster 09-09-2019 10:19 PM

When you get these, the URL of the page should change to something new. Copy that and send it my way and we'll track and block.

We don't want those ads here either, but they are taking advantage of an exploit in site communication with the ad networks that provide our legit ads.

In some cases, these ads also get on your browser through other apps on your device, so if you installed any other apps shortly before noticing these turning up, try uninstalling and see if they continue

Kevin

FireBornDragon 09-10-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin_Yungster (Post 1852520306)
When you get these, the URL of the page should change to something new. Copy that and send it my way and we'll track and block.

We don't want those ads here either, but they are taking advantage of an exploit in site communication with the ad networks that provide our legit ads.

In some cases, these ads also get on your browser through other apps on your device, so if you installed any other apps shortly before noticing these turning up, try uninstalling and see if they continue

Kevin

Thanks I’ll send it your way if I get another! And I’m on a virtual machine so I shouldn’t have any apps causing this.

Admin_Yungster 09-11-2019 11:08 AM

Ok. Let me know next time they pop up

Kevin

Fish 4 sale, ˘50 a fish. 11-11-2019 10:02 AM

I got that a few times without clicking on adds.