1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Well, that's a new one. I've only seen the bowl heater one that is 7.5 watts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Used to have a marina 10w in my 1.5 gallon and it worked....upgrade to a 1.8 and then got another 1.8 gallon and bought another heater and the new one was a piece of crap and never heated properly. Needless to say, I moved to 25w heaters that worked. I then tried to use one and then both in the 1.5 gallon hospital tank and neither got it warm enough, and then had to use one of my 25w heaters to keep it warm. My opinion is it's a trial and error basis and this one may work....but, also, some may not work either. I like to stick with the heaters with the adjustable knob on the top.

·
Registered
318 Posts
At least it has an indicator light. I bought two Aqueon 10W heaters and they overheated the tanks. They had no indicator lights and I didn't know that they just kept heating continually. Luckily I checked them often and pulled them out when the temp got to around 88 in both tanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
At least it has an indicator light. I bought two Aqueon 10W heaters and they overheated the tanks. They had no indicator lights and I didn't know that they just kept heating continually. Luckily I checked them often and pulled them out when the temp got to around 88 in both tanks!
Mine had an led on each and they turned off....just not at a warm enough temp. Had to keep switching them back and forth between the tanks in the attempt to get it slightly warmer for both my babies. In the end, I got tired of them and got better ones with more control.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've never used that particular heater, but I have the 10 watt version of this Marina heater in three 1-gallon bowls. Room temp is about 71 and it heats to about 78 very nicely-- I've had dips but only when the house temperature drops. (Doesn't work particularly well for anything bigger than 2 gallons, though.)

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it still heating?
It sounds good if it goes that high!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Automatic, submersible aquarium heater
does that mean it shuts off when it gets too hot?

I actually use a Tetra preset 50 watt in my 1 gallon. That thing is a POS and it can barely even heat that up to 74, no way it would heat up 10G

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
I have that one. I use it for 3 gallons and UNDER. Only under. at 5 gallons it heats it to....76. 10 gallons, 72.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts